The first update of 2022 Windows 11 Build 22526, is now available to Insiders on Dev Channel. Judging by the release notes, the new preview update focuses entirely on minor bug fixes and includes changes to improve the AirPods experience.
While the cumulative update is named “Windows 11 Insider Preview 22526 (rs_prerelease)”, the installation time is also short. You must be on the Windows Insider Dev Channel to receive this update.
Build 22526 isn’t tied to a specific version, but the changes included in today’s preview update will be available to everyone by the end of summer. We expect the Windows 11 22H2 Sun Valley 2 update to be available in the summer. Changes from Build 22526 will be included in this update, and some may even be implemented in earlier versions.
What’s New in Windows 11 Build 22526
Microsoft has started experimenting with making the ALT + TAB section look “windowed” instead of full screen in Windows 11. The company also offers broadband speech support when using Apple AirPods products. This change will benefit AirPods, AirPods Pro or AirPods Max. In this context, the sound quality for voice calls will improve significantly after the update.
The Windows 11 update also includes improvements so that users can quickly find important files in File Explorer.
Changes and Improvements
- Windowed view instead of fullscreen for ALT+TAB part.
- Improved sound quality for voice calls by adding support for broadband speech when using Apple AirPods products (AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max).
- Credential Guard is now enabled by default on enterprise-assembled Windows 11 Enterprise (E3 and E5) licensed computers.
- More file locations are being indexed so it’s faster to use the search to find important files in File Explorer.
- Fixed an issue that caused explorer.exe to crash after searching in File Explorer, preventing the next search in File Explorer from being performed.
- Fixed recent searches popup getting stuck on the screen (seeing transparent outside the border).
- Improved the resolution of app icons displayed in search results when screen scaling is set to greater than 100%.
- Update for those using the Spotlight collection (upgrades to Build 22523 or higher).
- Fixed an issue that caused the Widgets pane to potentially not have the correct resolution when hovering over the entry point on a secondary monitor.
- Fixed an issue where the Widgets panel was temporarily blank and only the Add Widget button (which also opened in an empty dialog) was fixed.
- Fixed a bugcheck that remote desktop users encountered when trying to shut down or restart: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.
- Microsoft Store will no longer display a message returning error code 0x80073CFB when trying to install the latest Web Media Extension update.
- Fixed a DWM crash affecting some Insiders.
How to Install Windows 11 Build 22526?
- If you are not part of the Insider program and would like to join, visit Windows Settings and go to the Windows Insider Program page.
- Join Dev Channel.
- Click on “Check for updates” and the update will appear.
- Select “Download and Install” to start the process.
Click “Restart now” to finish the installation.
Source: Technopat by www.technopat.net.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Technopat by www.technopat.net. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!