After a chimney fire in the Wiehler village of Hückhausen, a resident of the house was brought to the hospital with minor injuries on Sunday evening. When attempting to remove the chimney cladding, initial findings indicate that he suffered smoke inhalation. Before that, the smoke alarms in the single-family house had triggered around 8.45 p.m. as the upper and attic floors were completely smoke-filled.
The Wiehl firefighting trains Bielstein / Weiershagen and Bomig as well as the Wiehl turntable ladder with around 30 soldiers were on site. Operations manager Stephan Voigt described that the chimney sweep was able to sweep the fire in the upper area of the wood stove so that no major damage was caused and the fire did not spread to the building. The deployment of the fire brigade was therefore limited to ventilation measures and the control of the source of the fire with a thermal imaging camera. (kup)
Source: Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger – Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger by www.ksta.de.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger – Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger by www.ksta.de. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!