For a long time leaving work, colleagues asked me: “Why don’t you buy a car? It’s so convenient. ” I, in turn, just grinned and used the sharing of scooters. Every year, more and more people ask me the question: “Why don’t I have a four-wheeled friend?”, Because in the era of a pandemic, doctors earn unthinkable amounts for a “simple hard worker”. In fact, I spent all the money on Apple appliances. At the very end of the immersion in the ecosystem, a friend, having caught me for “unpacking” another gadget, asked: “What’s next, Apple Car?”.
As far back as I can remember, I really liked cars. Even 10 years ago, a laptop was in the house just to spend an evening with Need For Speed Most Wanted. Now nothing has changed, I deliberately took a Macbook on Intel to “roll” the system from Gates there and enjoy the best series of racing games ever. However, I’m not going to buy my car. There are a number of reasons for this.
- Mobility. Despite the fact that the word “car” itself is encrypted “mobility”, I believe that this is not the case. I often have to fly inland and the car of many of my friends is a stumbling block.
- Time. Yes, in the short term, a car often saves when it is necessary to move from point A to point B, but many forget that when buying an “iron horse” we first spend a huge amount of effort and energy not only on choice, but also on maintenance. Fuel, gaskets, calipers, wheel alignment, “go over the hodovka”, it seems to me that men have an unspoken cult of worship of automobile gods. Add to that the big parking problems. I decided to free my head from this and think on more important topics.
- Cheap taxi. Driving around by taxi all the time, I talk with the drivers about the availability of taxis. According to childhood memories, a taxi is a luxury. “Let’s go by taxi” – that means today is a holiday. In modern realities, taxis have become very affordable, and sometimes a long-distance trip in the amount of four people is cheaper than public transport.
- Movement is life! The pandemic did not pass by for anyone. Especially residents of big cities. Faced with a lockdown back in 2020, kilograms of excess weight ran up like seagulls in St. Petersburg on bread crumbs. “Imagine if I still had a car?” – I thought then. In addition to physical inactivity, an important risk factor for diseases is the so-called “forced position”, that is, if you are in one position for more than 45 minutes, it is bad for the circulatory system. Apple Watch is worth its weight in gold in the prevention of vascular diseases.
- Ecology. As a doctor, I almost never met diseases associated with poor ecology in my city. However, there are a number of diseases, the causes of which are unknown, but it has been proven that the inhabitants of villages and villages get sick several times less. I thought about it.
- Sharing services. Of course, the car sometimes comes in handy. For example, when traveling out of town or for outdoor activities. Modern car rental companies help out in times like these. And when the distance is short, I always use self-catsharing. I get there literally in 10 minutes, bypassing public transport, mired in morning traffic jams.
As for the Macbook, one could limit myself to the fact that the laptop is my work tool. But this is not all. I will give several reasons why buying a Macbook even for simple surfing the net a more reasonable purchase.
- Ecology. Apple hardware is overwhelmingly made from 100% recycled aluminum. Also, recently Apple stopped putting the adapter along with new iPhones. Everyone who buys more than just iPhone adapters from the catalog has already accumulated a huge amount. I have 6 of them. The stumbling block can only be their rapid wear, in view of the same environmental friendliness of materials. The Cupertino-based company said that all products will be carbon neutral by 2030, setting a great example for each of us. If you want to change something, start with yourself.
- Apple technology is a good investment. Products from an apple company in the secondary market have retained their value well over time. Given the growth of the dollar and the shortage of semiconductors, over the years, gadgets lose at least their value.
- All the same “Time”. All of the above can be said about any other product from the world of technology. But Apple, with its highly polished operating system and compactness of the laptop case, allowed us to save a huge amount of the most important resource in our life. I can easily sit down at a cafe for lunch, edit something for work or watch useful content on YouTube. Macbook is always with me. And leaving Windows allowed me to forget about reinstalling the system or intrusive updates forever.
If you disagree with my opinion and you have worthy arguments, I invite you to our chat at Telegram.
Source: AppleInsider.ru — крупнейший сайт о iPhone, iPad, Mac в России by appleinsider.ru.
*The article has been translated based on the content of AppleInsider.ru — крупнейший сайт о iPhone, iPad, Mac в России by appleinsider.ru. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!