Why are US circles seeking to implicate Saudi Arabia in the September attacks?

Saudi Arabia is closely linked to the September 11, 2001 attacks for many Americans, as the leader of “Al-Qaeda” at the time was “Osama bin Laden”, a Saudi citizen who belonged to one of the country’s most prominent families, and there were 15 Saudis among the 19 young men who carried out the kidnapping operation. Planes.

On Saturday, September 11, 2021 AD, the US Federal Bureau of Investigation released a 16-page document, which included part of the investigations into the “September 11 attacks” that targeted the World Trade Center towers in New York twenty years ago, and the document highlighted links between the hijackers and Saudi figures, but evidence countries On the Saudi government’s involvement in these attacks, according to “Reuters”.

US President Joe Biden had issued an executive order to the Attorney General to release documents related to the “9/11 events”, without specifying a date, after Biden decided, on September 3, 2021 AD, to declassify documents related to the FBI investigations into the incident, and directed Resolution of the US Department of Justice on the occasion of the twentieth anniversary.

According to “Reuters”, the families of the victims of the “9/11 attacks” had warned Biden not to commemorate the twentieth anniversary, without lifting the confidentiality of documents that they believed link the Saudi authorities to the attack, which killed more than three thousand people, and the United State declared after it “its war.” » on terrorism, which included the US military occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan.

While the Saudi embassy in Washington did not comment on the Reuters report, the agency referred to a statement issued by the embassy on September 8, 2021, in which it stated that Saudi Arabia defends transparency regarding the “9/11 events,” and welcomes the declassification of any documents related to the attacks. She added that previously disclosed investigations did not include any evidence that Saudi officials or the Saudi government were involved, or had prior knowledge of the attack.

But American media circles are trying to implicate the Saudi regime for more blackmail, the aim of which may be to give the families of the victims some hope to file compensation lawsuits against the Kingdom, forcing it to pay compensation that may reach billions of dollars.

And the American network CNN said that the declassified document related to the Saudi government’s suspected support for the hijackers, who hijacked and blew up planes, causing thousands of victims, while Riyadh has repeatedly denied its support for the perpetrators of the attacks.

The document disclosed by the FBI is from 2016, and details its investigation into allegations of logistical support that a Saudi consular official and a suspected Saudi intelligence agent in Los Angeles provided to at least two of the 9/11 hijackers. For its part, the American “Associated Press” agency said that the document consists of 16 pages, and that it talks about contacts the kidnappers had with Saudi partners in America, but the agency confirmed that the document does not provide any evidence that the Saudi government was complicit in the plot.

The British newspaper, The Guardian, reported on August 6, 2021, that family members of the victims, along with first responders and survivors of the 2001 attack, issued a letter calling on the US president to refrain from participating in this year’s commemoration events unless he published these documents. The letter stated that, “Twenty years later, there is no reason – whether empty allegations of national security or otherwise – to keep this information confidential, but if President Biden retracts his commitment and sided with the Saudi government, we will have to publicly object to any participation from his administration in any activities to commemorate September 11.

For a long time, family members of the September 11th victims have sought to reveal US government documents related to Saudi Arabia’s assistance or financing of any of the 19 al-Qaeda affiliates who carried out the attacks on the World Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon. Nearly 3,000 people died as a result of these attacks.

Fifteen of these hijackers were Saudis, and a US government commission found no evidence that Saudi Arabia directly funded al-Qaeda, leaving open the possibility that officials did so on an individual initiative.

According to the British newspaper, Saudi Arabia is suing the families of nearly 2,500 dead, more than 20,000 people injured, and a number of companies and insurance companies for billions of dollars in compensation.

It is reported that on September 11, 2001, small groups of hijackers hijacked four airliners that took off from New York, Boston and Washington to San Francisco and Los Angeles, and used them to strike prominent buildings in New York and Washington. West of the US Department of Defense (Pentagon) in Washington.

The fourth plane crashed in a field in Pennsylvania, and it is believed that the hijackers intended to use it to attack the Capitol Building in Washington, DC.


Source: بوابة الحرية والعدالة by fj-p.com.

*The article has been translated based on the content of بوابة الحرية والعدالة by fj-p.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!