The Ministry made recommendations: Who will be able to reduce energy consumption and how?
Ministry of Mining and Energy made recommendations, i.e. proposals for recommendations for the state administration, local self-government units, state-owned enterprises, the economy and households to reduce the consumption of electricity and heat.
When it comes to households, the recommendations refer to more rational use, primarily of electricity.
The Ministry will send a request JP EPS that more extensive options for reducing the consumption of electricity and heat for households are provided with bills for energy consumption, and the recommendation proposal is that JP EPS stimulates savings through the approval of additional discounts for customers who reduce their monthly consumption compared to the same month of the previous year.
Also, one of the proposed recommendations is to raise public awareness of the importance of energy efficiency, rational use of energy and the use of RES with the aim of reducing consumption.
What other recommendations?
When it comes to local governments, state administration bodies, state enterprises, public institutions and the economy, the proposed recommendations are more rational use of public lighting, limiting the use of decorative lighting on public buildings, using LED lighting, replacing woodwork and generally improving energy efficiency, installing solar panels , switching from electric heating to another type of heating and using heat pumps, which should enable a 15 percent reduction in energy consumption compared to the same period last year.
It is particularly important to recommend that all public companies make a plan to save consumption, and that public enterprises in the energy sector also make plans to reduce losses in the distribution and transmission network.
More detailed information and recommendations for reducing electricity and heat consumption can be found at the link:
Proposal of recommendations for taking measures in households
Savings on hot water:
- Using the water heater to prepare hot water only when needed, set the water heater thermostat to a heating temperature of up to 60 degrees;
Savings on cooling and heating devices:
– setting the refrigerator at 4°C and the freezer at -18°C to ensure optimum consumption;
– Reasonable use of heating devices in your home;
– during the day, use the sun as much as possible for lighting as well as for heating the space in the heating season, and lower the blinds and curtains during the night;
– do not cover the heating elements and devices with furniture or clothes, because that way they emit less heat.
Savings on washing machines and dishwashers:
-use the dishwasher and laundry only when it is full, because it is much more energy efficient;
-avoid drying clothes in dryers, dry clothes in the air;
– you should use the program at lower washing temperatures because this way you can save a significant amount of energy.
Saving energy when preparing food:
- you should cook in a covered container because it saves up to 20% of energy, you should also use containers that are proportional in size to the heating surface in order to avoid the loss of 20% of energy;
- when the water boils, the heating power of the pan should be reduced to the lowest possible temperature at which the water will continue to boil. In this way, up to 60% of energy can be saved;
- the most economical cooking is done in a pressure cooker, which reduces cooking time and consumed electricity by two to three times;
- switching off the oven 10 minutes before the end of baking can save up to 20% of energy;
- when using the oven, it is preferable to open it as little as possible because every time the oven door is opened, 20% of the heat is lost.
Energy saving in lighting and other electrical devices:
- turn off the lights in rooms that are not occupied;
- big savings can be achieved by replacing ordinary incandescent bulbs with LED metal-halogen bulbs. These bulbs consume up to 10 times less energy than ordinary ones;
- turn off the computer after finishing work with it;
- disconnect battery chargers from sockets;
- replace old bulbs with LED bulbs;
- regularly change filters on heating devices;
- turning off decorative lighting on residential buildings and family houses.
-recommended room temperatures:
– in case of sitting and staying longer, this temperature should be from 20 to 21°C,
for the space where we sleep 18°S,
– for rooms in which no one stays during the day due to going to work or school, 16°S, and in the case of a longer absence, 10°S.
Purchase of device:
When buying household electrical appliances, you should pay attention to energy labels. Energy labels tell us about energy efficiency and energy consumption. You should buy devices with the highest energy efficiency class. On each label, you can see the energy efficiency label of the device in relation to the maximum energy efficiency that this type of device can consume. Devices should be chosen in such a way that they correspond to the actual needs of the user, because oversized devices that will not work at full capacity use electricity unnecessarily, it is stated.
Vučić: We are working on measures, a difficult situation to sustain
By the way, the President of Serbia, Aleksandar Vučić, said that the authorities are working hard on the measures they will propose to save electricity.
He told reporters that the Ministry of Mining and Energy, as well as everyone in his and the prime minister’s cabinet, is working on it, “on the measures we will propose, for financial effects, for saving electricity, for households, and then we will see it for companies as well.” , but did not specify when the measures will be presented.
He also stated that just yesterday a little more than four gigawatts of electricity was imported for 2.4 million euros.
“That means 530 euros per megawatt hour, and we sell it on our market for 41 euros, that’s 14 times less. No one can endure that, and it’s still summer,” said Vučić.
The President of Serbia repeated that autumn and winter will be difficult, but that the country will fight to overcome all problems related to energy supply.
The president announced hell and a “dramatic discount” for everyone who saves electricity
Source: BIZLife, Beta
Photo: Pixabay, Beta
Source: BIZlife by bizlife.rs.
*The article has been translated based on the content of BIZlife by bizlife.rs. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!