The Minister of Health accused him of the disastrous way he managed the pandemic: “When I left the ministry, I was crying.”
Former French Minister of Health Agnès Buzyn has been fired
The Minister of Health is accused of managing the pandemic in a disastrous way
Buzyn was Minister of Health when the pandemic broke out in France last year. VOn Friday, September 10, she was accused of “failing to fight a disaster.” Agnès Buzyn was heard by the magistrates of the Court of Justice of the Republic (CJR), and at the end the accusations were brought to his attention.
He is the first French official accused of the coronavirus crisis.
“I will not allow the government’s action, and implicitly my minister’s, to be tainted when we have done so much to prepare our country for a global health crisis that, I would recall, is still ongoing,” Buzyn said.
The indictment of the minister is part of a wide-ranging case that examines how the French government anticipated and then managed the COVID-19 pandemic on a daily basis.
“When I left the ministry, I was crying because I knew what a tsunami wave was ahead of us. From the beginning, I was thinking of only one thing: the coronavirus.
We should have stopped everything, it was a farce “, said the former Minister of Health.
In France, almost 6.9 million people became infected, and more than 115,000 of them died from COVID-19. In this context, athe French authorities have been criticized for not taking measures in time to limit the disaster caused by the pandemic.
Who is Agnes Buzyn
Agnès Buzyn, 58, was Minister of Health in France, from May 2017 to February 2020.
He resigned at the beginning of the pandemic to run for Paris City Hall after the candidate withdrew
LREM (ruling party), Benjamin Griveaux, following a sex scandal.
But he did not win the race. However, in January, she was appointed responsible for monitoring international affairs at the World Health Organization.
Given that this is a broader investigation into the pandemic’s management by the French government, Agnes Buzyn’s successor, Olivier Veran, is also expected to be heard in the coming weeks by magistrates examining complaints against ministers.
Source: DoctorulZilei by www.doctorulzilei.ro.
*The article has been translated based on the content of DoctorulZilei by www.doctorulzilei.ro. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!