The necessary license to drive light vehicles depends on obtaining category B or category B1, upon registration at a driving school and passing a driving test consisting of a theoretical test and a practical test. If you have category B, what vehicles can you drive?
The IMT is the competent authority for issuing driving licenses. The license required to drive heavy goods vehicles depends on obtaining category C or category C1. The necessary license to drive motorcycles with a cylinder capacity greater than 50 cm3 depends on obtaining category A or category A1 (motorcycles with a cylinder capacity not exceeding 125 cm3).
Obtaining a driving license for agricultural vehicles, corresponding to category T of type I, II or III depends on approval of a driving test consisting of a theoretical test and a practical test, for type II or III vehicles, and a practical test accompanied by an oral questionnaire on rules, traffic signs and knowledge about accident prevention, for vehicles of type I. As mentioned, to drive light cars the driver is dependent on obtaining category B or category B1.
Type B driving license: You can drive motorcycles, but…
Although the B driving license allows the driving of motorcycles, the following rules must be complied with:
- The driver must be aged 25 or over.
- The cylinder capacity of the motorcycle must not exceed 125 cm3 and the maximum power must not exceed 11 kW.
- Motorcycles with a sidecar are excluded from this category.
With regard to light vehicles, the category B license allows the driving of:
- Motor vehicles with a maximum authorized mass not exceeding 3500 kilograms.
- Carry up to a maximum of 9 passengers, including the driver.
- A trailer with a maximum authorized mass of up to 750 kg can be towed.
- It is necessary to be at least 18 years old, with the possibility of starting theoretical classes 6 months before.
With a category B driving license, you can still drive quads, whether for sport or personal use, provided that:
- The maximum unladen mass does not exceed 450 or 600 kg (depending on the purpose of the vehicle).
- The total power is not more than 15 kW.
Source: Pplware by pplware.sapo.pt.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Pplware by pplware.sapo.pt. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!