What happens if you drink olive oil on an empty stomach? Extra virgin olive oil is one of those foods that the body absorbs directly, so when taken on an empty stomach, all the nutrients and benefits it offers are absorbed much better and faster and also its properties. are multiplied.
It is said that some people in the region Mediterranean I drink 1/4 cup (60 ml) of olive oil every morning.
Indeed, it can be a way to take advantage of its many potential anti-inflammatory and disease prevention benefits.
The benefits of taking a tablespoon of olive oil every morning on an empty stomach:
- Improves the functioning of the digestive system: stimulates intestinal transit, promotes the absorption of nutrients, reduces gastric acidity…
- It strengthens its anti-inflammatory properties, which helps to relieve gastritis.
- Prevents the appearance of cancers related to the digestive system due to its high content of hydroxycortisole.
- It stimulates the functioning of the gallbladder, reducing the formation of gallstones and helps to dissolve and remove stones that have already formed.
- Helps to stop smoking: It is said that taking five drops of olive oil on an empty stomach every morning helps to combat the addictive effects of nicotine.
- It helps in weight loss because it has satiating effects that calm the appetite and also facilitates the process of transforming food, turning harmful fats into unsaturated or “good” fats.
- Fights hangover: olive oil creates a film in the stomach that makes alcohol absorb more slowly avoiding that discomfort in the stomach.
After seeing all the benefits that olive oil brings to our health, we realize that it is worth paying a little more and buying real olive juice: Extra virgin olive oil.
To start the day with energy and to help our body function better, we recommend that you take a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil on an empty stomach, not to mention after a good breakfast.
Source: Doctorul Zilei by www.doctorulzilei.ro.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Doctorul Zilei by www.doctorulzilei.ro. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!