photo source: courtesy of Oxalis
More environmentally friendly alternatives to fashion collections are becoming a common part of the offer of an increasing number of fashion brands. Westfield Chodov has been acquainting them with the public for a long time online catalog guide sustainable shopping. The expert focused on selected pieces on the word taken – slow-fashion therapist Kamila Vodochodská, who shared her rating in a video review.
Who is Kamila Vodochodská?
She is a slow-fashion therapist, coach and designer of personal collections. In cooperation with the Westfield Chodov center, Kamila Vodochodská in 2017 participated in the competition of young Czech designers The Way, as a member of the jury and at the same time a coach, she led young designers in compiling their collections. She was also one of the initiators of the creation The Designer Gallery coby space at a prestigious shopping address, which is dedicated to the presentation and sale of works by Czech designers and emerging domestic fashion brands. Since the autumn of 2020, Kamila Vodochodská has been the ambassador of the Sustainable Shopping Guide project, with which Westfield Chodov presents a more sustainable collection of its dealers.
Like in (organic) cotton
Originally a Turkish children’s fashion brand, Kitikate switched to a completely organic production two years ago. Today, in its offer, customers will find products made only from 100% organic cotton grown and harvested to a worldwide standard GOTS. Unlike conventional cotton, it does not contain chemicals such as pesticides, herbicides or heavy metals, and retains its natural elasticity even without artificial additives.
Photo source: Courtesy of Kitikate
“The tested Safari set for newborns cleverly combines nice design and practicality at the same time, which every mother will appreciate. The material is slightly flexible due to its binding, without containing an elastic fiber. The double-sided baby cap does not contain unnecessary seams or decorations that would push the baby. In addition, the whole set is so well thought out that the clothes grow together with the baby and thus last much longer in your closet. ”
Even linen made from recycled material can look great
Kamila Vodochodská appreciated the Oxalis retailer of French underwear and nightwear use of recycled materials, which at the same time do not detract from the timeless design of the bathrobe and shorts set from the Passionata Thelma collection.
photo source: courtesy of Oxalis
“73% of recycled ingredients were used to make the elegant night set, putting the used material back into circulation. On the other hand, the polyester fiber material may not be pleasing to every skin type. However, the Oxalis dessous brand is constantly expanding its range of more sustainable pieces, so everyone can choose the material according to their ideas and needs. ”
Caring for fashionable pieces with respect to nature
An ecological alternative to common chemical laundry care products are the washing gels of the Czech brand Tierra Verde available in filling stations for drugstores dm. It holds the strictest European certificate for organic household products Eco-warranty, are more gentle on laundry and suitable for sensitive and atopic skin.
photo source: courtesy of Tierra Verde
“For me personally, the Czech brand Tierra Verde is a pioneer in ecological household care. Tested washing gel and softener replacement with softener smells pleasantly of lavender. Thanks to the slightly acidic reaction, the handle neutralizes the washing bath and thus this method of washing is also suitable for sensitive, atopic or children’s skin. However, ecological washing is not just about exchanging natural products for chemical ones. The hardness of the water in your home also plays an important role. Therefore, use a natural softener if necessary. “
With spring comes other sustainable news of the season
V Sustainable Shopping Guides In addition, customers will find a number of current collections from all spectra of the fashion world this year:
- The family brand offers more sustainable footwear Högl in the collection We Care. Footwear made from renewable and recycled fibers is also provided by brands Converse, Bata or Here it is.
- The whole collection Fitness meets Fashion Slovak sportswear brands FOG is made of polyester SEAQUAL fiber, which was created by recycling garbage caught from the sea. More sustainable alternatives to recycled sportswear also offer Adidas, certified organic fiber contains collections VERMONT brands PEEK PERFORMANCE or Czech brands Alpine Pro.
- Outside the tested night set of the seller Oxalis builds on the success of the first Green Collection underwear brand Intimissimi its variant this year. Lace of new bras Be the Change brands Tezenis in turn, they arose from material that would only recently end up as waste in a landfill.
- Clothes for the little ones made of 100% organic cotton outside Kitikate sold under the name COOL CLUB also toy store Bambule. The padding of spring jackets for older children from the same brand is again partially processed from recycled PET bottles.
- However, sustainable fashion is increasingly penetrating the offer of larger ready-to-wear chains. In Westfield Chodov you can therefore set off with a clear conscience, for example, to C&A, GAP, Esprit, Levi’s, H&M or True Fashion.
Source: MODA.CZ – Pánská móda, dámská móda a vše ze světa módy by www.moda.cz.
*The article has been translated based on the content of MODA.CZ – Pánská móda, dámská móda a vše ze světa módy by www.moda.cz. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!