UPDATE. The main statements of the prime minister:
– I had discussions with EU leaders, with the leaders of the main political parties, with Commissioner Valean.
– In March we will receive 2.4 million doses of vaccine. We were congratulated on how the vaccination went.
– We discussed the distribution of gas in households.
– Commissioner Valean has created a Transport Task Force to help prepare projects. This is very good news.
– Romania’s budget was the third topic we discussed.
– We took over a disastrous fiscal situation. This made Romania enter the deficit procedure before the pandemic.
– Romania is due to those policies in the excessive deficit procedure
– We must show that we are a responsible government
– I presented the economic figures
– net income increase is 8.5%
– My estimates show that they will be better than anyone expected this year
– We have support for this budget
when we approve the budget in the form presented, we will have more public support
In the field of justice:
– I received support here too
– We talked about joining Schengen
– Regarding the vaccination campaign, we are on the third place in the EU
Budget discussions: Comrade Ciolacu, when you have time, give me a call!
– What we relied on when we drafted this budget: We relied on a harsh reality. we come after three years of PSD government and a year of pandemic.
-A budget allocates resources from taxes to higher-yielding areas
-I do not agree to support the misfortunes of PSD adopted in 2017-2019. If anyone imagines that we can bear those misfortunes.
-This budget allocates the resources obtained through taxes to the other sectors of the economy
-I said from the beginning that I do not agree to maintain the misfortunes caused by PSD. To create space for our government program we must eliminate these misfortunes
-I am waiting for comrade Ciolacu to call me to discuss the Budget. Comrade Ciolacu, when you have time, give me a call!
We repair the debacle made by PSD in the period 2017-2019.
– We capped the salary expenses at the level of 2020 for all economic operators. They have until the middle of the year to start the reforms.
– In 2020, 16.13 billion lei were spent to fight the pandemic. Some of these measures will be extended in 2021.
There were other expenses for the election campaign. they will not be found in this budget.
-From the beginning, the budget construction for 2021 was supplemented with the payment of over 10 billion
This budget focuses on investments: 61.4 billion lei. Or 5.5% of GDP.
About the vaccine
Prime Minister Florin Citu said that in March Romania will receive 2.4 million doses of vaccine against COVID-19.
“Starting in April, and this was the conclusion of the talks with the president, things will start even faster, we remain at the goal of having, in the European Union, 70% of the population at the end of summer or beginning of September,” he said.
“We presented the situation in Romania, how we prepared our vaccination campaign and we were congratulated for how we prepared the vaccination campaign. We thanked the President of the European Commission for the way he prepared this whole campaign, by starting at the same time. In each country, the European Commission has negotiated on behalf of all because otherwise we would have had problems offering the vaccine in certain countries, “Florin Citu said on Saturday in a press conference after his visit to Brussels.
– The news is being updated–
The press conference is broadcast live on the Government’s Facebook page, on the official Youtube channel.
The head of government was on a working visit to Brussels last week, during which he had meetings with the President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, and with the President of the European Council, Charles Michel.
“Excellent meeting today with the President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen. The Government of Romania and the European Commission are partners and work together on all issues on the agenda of the European Union. We are committed to continuing our work to stop the pandemic.
Florin Citu, on a working visit to Brussels. He will meet with EU leaders, but also with Dacian Ciolos, Adina Valean and Mircea Geoana
I welcome the leadership of the European Commission in coordinating the efforts at EU level regarding the vaccination campaign “, Florin Citu wrote on Facebook on Friday.
What he talked to Timmermans
Discussions with Frans Timmermans focused on the objectives set out in the European Ecological Pact, in which context Prime Minister Citu reiterated Romania’s support for achieving climate neutrality by 2050 and increasing the level of emission reductions by 2030.
“The Romanian dignitary stressed the importance of establishing a flexible implementation framework, with adequate support mechanisms for Member States that take into account the economic and social realities they face and that do not impose an additional burden on European citizens, especially those you are in more precarious situations from the point of view of well-being.
The European Commission estimates for Romania an economic growth of 3.8% in 2021 and 4% in 2022
Also, the Prime Minister of Romania reiterated the importance that Romania attaches to the use of gas in this transition process, a possibility confirmed by the European Commissioner, including regarding the development of natural gas distribution networks “, it is said in a Government communiqué .
At the same time, the meeting with Margrethe Vestager provided an opportunity to exchange views on the consequences of the crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic on European companies, including those in Romania, and on the mechanisms to support their recovery efforts.
Former Prime Minister Mihai Tudose, ironic message for Florin Citu: “The child of pain goes to Brussels. Romania, impotent in presenting a plan for European money”
The Prime Minister Florin Citu appreciated the activity of the Commission in this context and the rapid measures of adaptation of the legislative framework in force.
– I don’t know how it came out in the public space that there is less money for Health.
– There are 11.4 billion lei in Health. Last year’s execution was 10.7 billion lei.
– Last year’s execution involved 7.2 billion lei, so this year we have 2 billion more, without adding the expenses provided for the pandemic.
-You can’t go out in the public space and say that there is less money for Health
Public employees’ salaries
-Regarding the salaries of public employees: we have 109.5 billion lei in salary and the increases are 9.8% of this tire.
-Last year was good for investments, half of them being made with European funds
This year we are rewriting the Budget Salary Law which underestimated Romania’s economic stability.
-I think the mistake that many make today is to look at us as a short-term government.
-There are four reforms: pensions, payroll, education and tax administration
You can also read:
Source: Breaking News – Cele mai importante stiri – Ziare.com by ziare.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Breaking News – Cele mai importante stiri – Ziare.com by ziare.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!