Apple has just released the official version of watchOS 10. We recommend making a backup before updating. Please note that this is done automatically when your iPhone is backed up.
To download the system, launch the Watch application on your iPhone and go to General and Update, respectively. To upload the update, you must connect the watch to the charger and have the battery charged by at least 50 percent. The update is also available from the watch. To do this, you need to go to Settings, General and Software Updates, respectively.
Below is the list of watches that will receive support for watchOS 10:
- Apple Watch 4th generation (including Nike+ and Hermes models)
- Apple Watch SE
- Apple Watch 5th generation (including Nike+ and Hermes models)
- Apple Watch 6th generation (including Nike+ and Hermes models)
- Apple Watch 7th generation (including Nike+ and Hermes models)
- Apple Watch 8th generation (including Nike+ and Hermes models)
- Apple Watch 9th generation (including Nike+ and Hermes models)
- Apple Watch Ultra
- Apple Watch Ultra 2
watchOS 10 is the biggest update since the introduction of Apple Watch. It brings a refreshed look to virtually every app, new ways to navigate, and a new Smart Stack that displays the information you need exactly when you need it, on any watch face. The system introduces improvements to cycling and hiking training, new mental health features to better understand your mood (in the Mindfulness app), and the ability to track time spent in daylight.
- Redesigned applications take full advantage of the rounded corners of the screen and fill its entire surface.
- Turning the Digital Crown on any watch face displays a smart stack containing information relevant to the current context, such as the time of day and location.
- Pressing the side button takes you to the control center.
- One press of the Digital Crown gives you access to all apps, and two presses gives you access to recently used apps.
- Snoopy – over 100 different animations with Snoopy and Woodstock. Animations respond to the time of day, weather and activity, such as training.
- Palette – Representing time as color and three independent layers, overlapping and shifting over time.
- Sunny analog – luminous dial with classic hour markers. Zones of light and shadow change throughout the day, according to the position of the sun in the sky.
- Modular Ultra – Uses the edges of the screen to display live data. * The user can choose from three versions and seven different complications (available on Apple Watch Ultra).
- View Memoji or photos of your contacts.
- Pin favorites.
- Editing, undoing and sorting from unread.
- Cycling workouts now support Bluetooth sensors such as power meters and speed and cadence sensors, and display new power and cadence metrics.
- The Power (Bike) view displays your power output measured in watts during your workout.
- Power zones view based on functional threshold power (measuring the maximum training intensity you can sustain for an hour) allows you to create personalized heart rate zones and displays the time spent in each zone.
- The Speed (Bike) view displays your current and maximum speed, distance, heart rate, and power.
- Cycling metrics, training views, and other cycling-related information from Apple Watch can now be viewed as live events on your handlebar-mounted iPhone.
- Icons in the corners of the screen provide quick access to your week’s summary, sharing methods, and rewards.
- Rotate the Digital Crown to view the Moving, Exercise, and On Your Feet rings (in separate screens). These screens allow you to modify your goals and check your step count, distance, floor count, and activity history.
- In addition to the results for the On the Move goal, the weekly summary also includes results for the goals
Exercise and On your feet:
- The activity sharing view shows your friends’ photos or avatars.
- Fitness+ instructors’ advice, available in the Fitness app on iPhone, includes tips on training techniques, mindfulness, healthy habits and staying motivated.
- Custom plans allow you to create a training and meditation schedule.
- Fitness+ automatically creates training plans based on selected activity days, duration and types of workouts, instructors, music, and plan length.
- Stacks allow you to create training and meditation sequences.
- The Last Availability (Mobile Network) route point automatically estimates the last place on your route where your device was able to connect to your carrier’s network.
- Last Available (Emergency Call) route point automatically estimates the last place on your route where your device was able to connect to any network to contact emergency services.
- Points of Interest waypoints show places saved in guides in Maps.
- Altitude is a new view showing a 3D representation of the elevation of saved waypoints based on altimeter data.
- Altitude alerts notify you when you exceed a certain altitude threshold.
- Walking Range shows you the approximate walking time to nearby restaurants, shops, and other places of interest, as well as additional information about them, including opening hours and ratings.
- Maps downloaded to iPhone can be viewed on your paired Apple Watch when iPhone is turned on and within range.
- The downloaded maps support driving, cycling, walking or public transport routes, including estimating the time to reach the destination, taking into account the expected traffic intensity.
- Topographic maps show relief in U.S. national and regional parks, hiking trails, contours, elevation, and points of interest.
- Information about hiking trails in the United States includes details such as trail length and elevation gain.
- The app allows you to quickly display weather information on a contextual background with visual effects.
- One view gives you access to important information such as the UV index, air quality index and wind speed.
- Swipe right to view data on weather conditions, temperature, precipitation, wind speed, UV index, visibility, humidity and air quality.
- Scrolling allows you to switch to hourly and daily views.
- The Air Humidity complication is available on the watch face.
- The Mood feature allows you to record your emotions at a given moment or your general feelings on a given day.
- The app allows you to include factors that influence your well-being, such as work, family, and current events, and describe your feelings, such as joy, contentment, or worry.
- Reminders to record your mood are available as notifications, watch face complications, and messages after you complete a breathing session, reflection session, or audio meditation with Fitness+.
- The app displays subsequent reminders to record your medication if your dose has not been recorded within 30 minutes of your scheduled time.
- Subsequent reminders can be sent as critical alerts, making them visible even when your device is on silent or in focus mode.
Other features and improvements:
- Time spent in daylight is measured using the ambient light sensor (Apple Watch SE, Apple Watch Series 6 or later, and Apple Watch Ultra).
- Energy Forecast, available in the Home app and watch face complications, uses live data from your local power grid to inform you when cleaner energy sources are available, so you can plan how to charge and use your devices accordingly (continental US only).
- Communication Security detects when children send or receive video that requires discretion.
- The Mature Warnings feature enables *Safety Communications for all users by blurring photos and videos containing nudity and allowing the user to choose whether or not to see them.
- Notifications sent to emergency contacts after using Emergency SOS are delivered as critical alerts.
- The FaceTime app supports group FaceTime audio calls.
Source: Wiadomości z MyApple.pl by myapple.pl.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Wiadomości z MyApple.pl by myapple.pl. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!