In the Play Store you can set your download preference, so that apps can only be downloaded via WiFi, for example. In this tip, we’ll show you how it works.
Set Play Store download preference
You can set your download preference in the Play Store. This means that you can indicate whether the digital store can only download apps via WiFi or via the mobile network. A handy adjustment, because apps can be quite large.
You have three options:
- Via any network: The Play Store uses every available network. If you are connected to WiFi, apps are downloaded via WiFi. Otherwise the Play Store will use your mobile connection and the MBs will be deducted from your data bundle.
- Only via WiFi: Apps are only downloaded when connected to Wi-Fi.
- Always ask: Before downloading each app, the Play Store will ask if you want to download it directly over any available network, or if you have to wait until a WiFi connection is available.
To find these settings, complete the following steps:
- Open the Play Store on your phone;
- Open the menu by tapping on three lines at the top left;
- Choose ‘Settings’;
- Under the heading ‘General’ you will find ‘Download preference for app’.
By default, the option is set to ‘Via any network’ and the Play Store can therefore also download apps over the mobile network. Do you not have such a large data bundle? Then adjust the preference to ‘Only via WiFi’. That’s an easy way to save MBs.
Beware: This setting does not apply to app updates. Just below the heading ‘Download preference for app’, the Play Store also says ‘Automatically update apps’. Here you can indicate that app updates should only be downloaded via WiFi.
Track Play Store subscriptions
In addition to the app downloads, it is also good to keep track of the subscriptions you take out in Google’s app store. Read more in our tip on how to manage and stop Play Store subscriptions.
The latest news about Google
Source: Android Planet by www.androidplanet.nl.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Android Planet by www.androidplanet.nl. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!