The typical Christmas tables are a real temptation for many of us, with a huge variety of colorful and very abundant dishes. But, for those who have chosen a cruelty-free lifestyle, many of these recipes must be “reversed”, since they include one or more ingredients of animal origin. If you are a fan of a vegetarian or vegan diet, or you will receive guests who are, don’t miss out on these holiday vegan New Years Eve appetizers.
Vegan appetizer table perfect for Christmas
This is an excellent option for lovers of snacking and can ‘save’ you in case you do not know the palate of your guests very well. The idea is let your imagination fly when putting together a table of vegan appetizers, combining vegan cheeses and sausages with nuts, seeds, dips or homemade sauces, fruits, vegetables, and much more!
Here we share an idea to inspire you and adapt it to your liking:
How to put together a Vegan Appetizer Table:
- We started putting the hummus and avocado cream for spreading in individual containers.
- Right away, We choose where we will build our table of vegan appetizers: a large plate, a tray or a wooden board, for example.
- When it’s time to serve we arrange the sauces / creams in the center and we arrange the other appetizers according to our taste and the format and size of the table we choose. Ready!
Smoked tofu with peppers and basil: a delicate vegan appetizer for your Christmas
While firm tofu is great for this recipe because of its consistency, you can also use another variety of firm vegan cheese, like this inexpensive recipe that we made with chickpeas. The only thing we do not recommend is replace natural roasted peppers with canned ones, because there is a lot of difference in the final taste of the aperitif.
- Smoked tofu: 250 g
- Red pepper: 1 large
- Fresh basil: 8 leaves
- Black olives: 8 pcs
- Extra virgin olive oil: 1 tablespoon and a little more to serve
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Vegan Smoked Tofu Appetizer with Peppers:
- We preheat the oven to 180ºC with heat up and down, and roast the pepper for about 30 minutes, remembering to turn halfway through cooking so that the skins of all the ‘faces’ are toasted equally.
- We remove the pepper from the oven and let it cool a little so as not to burn us. When we can handle it, we delicately separate the toasted skin from the meat.
- We cut the peeled pepper in half and we remove the seeds and the white part of its interior. Next, we cut it into 4 wide strips (we try to make them as equal as possible) and season with salt, pepper and olive oil. We booked.
- We cut the tofu into thick sticks and we take them to brown in a pan or grill with a little olive oil. It is important to turn the tofu so that all the sides are well browned and slightly crisp.
- Wrap the smoked tofu sticks with the roasted pepper strips.
- By last, add a black olive and one or two basil leaves on top of the appetizer and prick it with a toothpick.
Ready! Now you can serve these delicious vegan appetizers with smoked tofu and peppers. Our recommendation is to finish them with a good thread of olive oil and a little freshly ground black pepper. To enjoy!
Source: okdiario.com by okdiario.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of okdiario.com by okdiario.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!