Valerio Massimo Manfredi, famous writer and TV author, also known to the general public for his participation in some programs, struggle between life and death. The 77-year-old is in coma. He was found lifeless in his house in Rome in via dei Vascellari. She was with her friend and writer Antonella Prenner, who was also in very serious condition. A carbon monoxide leak would be the cause of the tragedy. To call 118 was the daughter of the artist who could not get in touch with her father. It is the fault of one boiler? Here is what has emerged so far.
Transported in the evening with a red code to the Policlinico San Camillo, Manfredi was transferred to Grosseto, where he is in a hyperbaric chamber following carbon monoxide intoxication, while his 45-year-old friend, author of “Darkness”, is at the Policlinico Umberto I.
According to what was reconstructed by the rescuers, it would have been a domestic accident that caused the release of carbon monoxide. Late yesterday evening, Thursday 11 February, the firefighters realized what could have been the cause of the gas leak: the boiler of a former art gallery which is part of the building where Manfredi lives and which, like all the others in the building, pours the exhaust fumes into a common internal cloister.
For the experts it should have been just that boiler to have released the carbon monoxide which was then introduced through the exhaust channels of the other boilers in all the apartments. Although the art gallery has been closed since last October, it seems that the exhibition space was used for other non-working reasons. The restaurant, owned by a man who arrived late in the evening from Naples, is now under seizure and investigations by the police are underway.
Valerio Massimo Manfredi and her friend are victims of an accident that could have been avoided. Carbon monoxide leaks are only lethal, it is therefore very important to take care of the maintenance, checks and overhaul of the boilers. According to current legislation, all heating systems must be subjected to periodic checks and maintenance. Cleaning the boiler periodically serves to maintain efficiency and limit consumption and expenses. Controls and revisions are required by law as they allow the identification of any faults and anomalies and guarantee better system efficiency. And they save your life.
Written by: Annamaria Capozzi on 12/2/2021.
Source: GossipNews by feedproxy.google.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of GossipNews by feedproxy.google.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!