Ukrainians will receive a vaccination passport.
In Ukraine, vaccination against coronavirus will begin in February / photo REUTERS
In Ukraine, vaccination of people against coronavirus will begin in February 2021.
The Minister of Health Maxim Stepanov told about it on air of one of TV channels, reports TSN.
Vaccination will be carried out with the Chinese drug Sinovac. The head of the Ministry of Health added that Ukrainians, as well as citizens of EU countries, will receive a vaccination passport.
“We immediately said that we would start in February or March 2021. This was immediately said based on our negotiations. I know for sure that we will start vaccinated in February this year. This is exactly what we have. If we focus on what we have already signed with Sinovac is 700,000 doses, they must deliver to us within 30 calendar days from the date of registration. We expect that they will finish registration in January, and we will start vaccination, “Stepanov said.
The minister also said that none of the vaccines had completed the third stage of testing.
“We should know that no vaccine has completed the third stage of testing, the nearest expiration date of one of the vaccines is the end of 2021, now there is an emergency use of vaccines,” Stepanov added.
Vaccine for Ukraine: what is known
- Earlier, the Ministry of Health expected that the delivery of the first batch of 8 million doses of vaccine under the COVAX initiative will take place in March. These doses will be enough to vaccinate 4 million people, because one person needs to enter two doses. Physicians, the elderly and the seriously ill will be vaccinated first.
- On December 22, 2020, the operational headquarters of the Ministry of Health for vaccine-controlled infections approved a plan to immunize the population against COVID-19. The goal of this plan is to cover at least 50% of the population of Ukraine (20 million people) with vaccination during 2021-2022.
- On December 24, Health Minister Maxim Stepanov announced that the Ministry of Health was working on a plan to increase the vaccine quota under the global COVAX initiative from 8 million to 16 million doses.
- On December 30, Ukraine signed a contract with the Chinese company Sinovac for the supply of 1.9 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine. It is a question of purchase of 1 million 913 thousand 316 doses at the price of 504 UAH for a dose. In January 2021, it is planned to obtain a permit for the use of the drug in China and other countries, and the vaccine will be submitted for retraining to the WHO in February 2021.
- Under the terms of the agreement, the first batch of the vaccine in the amount of 700 thousand doses will be delivered to Ukraine within 30 days after official registration in China, or one of the competent authorities of the United States, Great Britain, Switzerland, Japan, Australia, Canada, Israel, India, Mexico, Brazil , or under a centralized procedure by the competent authority of the European Union.
- On January 8, WHO President Tedros Gebreesus said that rich countries buy most coronavirus vaccines from Pfizer / BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca.
- On January 13, the head of the Ministry of Health Stepanov stated that the Ministry of Health plans to sign contracts with new companies producing the coronavirus vaccine in the coming days.
If you find an error, select it with the mouse and press Ctrl + Enter
*The article has been translated based on the content of Інформаційне Агентство УНІАН by www.unian.ua. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!