Updated: Peterkova supporters broke down the door to the meeting room, the court confirmed the journalist’s two-year condition | News

Today, the court imposed a two-year suspended sentence on former journalist Jana Peterková for spreading alarmist news during the coronavirus pandemic. He set her on a three-year probationary period, during which she must behave properly. The appeals panel decided to exclude the public after the meeting was disrupted by supporters of Peterková and their riots. In addition to the judicial guard, the police also had to intervene in the building of the Prague municipal court because of them. The incident will be dealt with by the government on Wednesday, the Minister of Justice Pavel Blažek (ODS) discussed it with the head of the Prison Service.

Forty-seven-year-old former television reporter Nova Peterková spoke in videos on social networks about the drastic investigation and treatment of children in hospitals and about forced vaccination against covid-19. She also stated, for example, that NATO troops will occupy the Czech Republic and will shoot at children who want to go to playgrounds. She also claimed that the soldiers would shoot anyone who refused to be taken to be vaccinated against the coronavirus. She called government officials fascists. The circuit court already imposed a two-year condition on her in February, the woman appealed.

Today, dozens of sympathizers, who were initially confronted by only three members of the judicial guard, came to support her. The crowd broke down the door to the meeting room. In the hallway, he chanted slogans about the Gestapo and the fascist state. The police who were summoned arrested two men on the spot, one of whom was taken away from the court with the assistance of paramedics. Other supporters of Peterková left the courtroom after more than an hour. According to Peterková, the court did not sufficiently ensure that the session took place peacefully.

“Even though I am incapacitated, I appeared in court and wanted to defend myself, but I was prevented from doing so because it was not ensured by the court, the police or the judicial guard,” she told reporters. According to her, the police did not allow his lawyer to reach the detained and injured man. That’s why people subsequently demonstrated for an hour in front of the courtroom.

Peterková was previously fined 250,000 crowns by the justice system for lying about the deaths in the home for the elderly. The woman is facing several foreclosures and has requested financial donations for her events from people who watch her videos on the Internet.

The Ministry will evaluate today’s incident in court, it wants to prevent similar situations

Minister Blažek, the head of the Prison Service Simon Michailidis and the president of the court Jaroslava Pokorná jointly condemned the behavior of the actors in the incident. They will analyze the case, the aim is to prevent the recurrence of similar situations. According to the Prison Service, the intervention of the judicial guard was appropriate to the situation, professional and in accordance with the law. Blažek thanked the guards for handling the situation. He announced that the government would look into the incident on Wednesday. It will consider measures to prevent similar situations from happening again.

Similar riots, even without the intervention of the police, were not the first time that the Prague Municipal Court had taken place. During the hearing of the appeal of the instigator Patrik Tušl in March, the judge had to expel several people, a crowd of supporters subsequently made noise in the corridor as the judicial guard looked on. It was Peterková who spoke the loudest at the time, who also insulted the journalists present.

According to court spokesman Adam Wenig, today’s incident can be classified as a crime of disorderly conduct, contempt of court or, in extreme cases, as violence against an official. “So far, there is no known misconduct by the judicial guard, whom Minister Pavel Blažek thanks for handling the situation,” the ministry said on Twitter. After evaluating the incident, the minister will negotiate with other presidents of the courts so that such situations do not recur.

Together with the Minister of the Interior Vít Rakušan (STAN), Blažek agreed that the government would also deal with the case, with the participation of representatives of the police and the Prison Service. At its meeting on Wednesday, the Cabinet will consider possible measures to prevent similar interventions in the activities of the courts from happening again, Blažek wrote.

“The judicial guard was fulfilling its legal task to ensure order and security in the court building. At the moment, we consider her intervention to be adequate and appropriate to the situation. We will analyze its course further,” Michailidis said. The Judicial Guard is part of the Prison Service, it ensures order and security in the buildings of courts, public prosecutor’s offices and the Ministry of Justice.

The President of the Judicial Union, Libor Vávra, was judging in the adjacent courtroom when the incident took place. ČTK said that he witnessed the professional behavior of the judicial guard. “I believe that the management of the court will analyze whether to proceed differently next time, but I do not feel any wrongdoing,” he said. He doesn’t think it would be wise to call the “gunmen” in advance. “It can rather increase the aggressiveness of the crowd,” he thinks. According to him, similar incidents are exceptional in the courts, but they do happen. He added that the judicial guard is governed by the law and regime measures are issued by the president of the court. In addition, there are security buttons in each courtroom, which can be used to immediately call the judicial guard. At the same time, the cameras will start. If necessary, the police are called, which happened today, added Vávra.

In similar cases, judges cannot punish those who disrupt the court proceedings on the spot, but they can deal with it with administrative fines. “Those who attacked the court and illegally entered the courtroom committed a crime, in which the judge has no other option but to sanction financially. Subsequently, it will be handed over to law enforcement authorities from the first level, which is the police, and therefore the public prosecutor. The court will then decide on a case-by-case basis. The social danger here is high,” attorney Jan Černý told the newspaper Právo. Attorney Jaroslav Ortman described the incident as a completely unprecedented case that requires punishment.

Source: Zprávy – Tiscali.cz by zpravy.tiscali.cz.

*The article has been translated based on the content of Zprávy – Tiscali.cz by zpravy.tiscali.cz. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!