Apple has released iOS 15.4.1, the first update after iOS 15.4, solving and fixing bugs, especially related to the battery. But it turns out there are other important bugs that Apple has fixed and that make you need to update your iPhone as soon as possibleand also your iPad or Mac. Although it is a minor update, it should not be underestimated as it resolves vulnerabilities and zero-day attacks.
A zero-day exploit is basically a newly discovered vulnerability whose fix remains unknown to developers and engineers of software in charge of the systems. That’s why it’s so important to keep your devices up to date to protect them from malicious software.
The big bugs that iOS 15.4.1 fixes
The first of the bugs, which is present in iOS 15 and macOS Monterey, allowed malicious applications execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges. A second exploit, found in Intel graphics drivers and only affecting macOS, could lead to kernel memory exposure.
- Available for: macOS Monterey and iOS 15
- Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges
- Description: An out-of-bounds write issue was addressed with improved bounds checking. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.
- CVE-2022-22675: An anonymous researcher
Intel graphics driver
- Available for: macOS Monterey
- Impact: An application may be able to read kernel memory
- Description: An out-of-bounds read issue could lead to kernel memory disclosure and has been addressed with improved input validation. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.
- CVE-2022-22674: An anonymous researcher
Curiously, both errors have been reported by an “anonymous researcher”remember that Apple pays large amounts of money if you find software bugs in their operating systems.
In addition to fixing these bugs, iOS 15.4.1 fixes an issue that could drain your battery iPhone and iPad faster than expected, while macOS 12.3.1 fixes an issue that could cause Bluetooth devices to unexpectedly disconnect from the Mac.
Related topics: iOS
Sign up for Disney + for 8.99 euros and without permanence
Source: iPadizate by ipadizate.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of iPadizate by ipadizate.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!