Suara.com – Two people have died and 12 are missing after two separate accidents at coal mines in China, Reuters reported Saturday, citing CCTV.
The two deaths occurred at a mine managed by Henan Hebi Coal and Electricity Co on Friday (4/6) evening. Central Henan provincial authorities launched an emergency response plan, CCTV said.
It did not mention in detail the cause of the accident that left six people missing.
Last month, the Henan Provincial Government approved the reopening of another mine operated by Hebi after it was closed for violating regulations.
Also Read: Erick Thohir Collaborates with China to Work on Strategic SOE Projects
In the north of the country, six other people were reported missing on Saturday (5/6) after an accident at a coal mining plant in Heilongjiang province, the broadcaster said.
China has been conducting safety inspections at coal mines across the country as record high coal prices have prompted miners to increase production to fill supply gaps.
In May, China’s cabinet said it would work to stabilize rising commodity prices, while encouraging coal producers to increase production to meet global demand. (Source: VOA Indonesia/Reuters)
Source: Suara.com by www.suara.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Suara.com by www.suara.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!