- Music streaming platforms like Spotify and Apple Music are familiar to almost everyone
- Both services have millions of satisfied users worldwide
- But how to transfer music and playlists from one platform to another?
Nowadays, it is no longer fashionable to download music on the Internet and upload it to your phone. Not to mention sending individual songs between devices, for example via Bluetooth. Today, a huge number of users use various streaming platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube Music, Tidal and others.
Streaming service to every family!
These platforms are often free, but they are variously limited. If you pay extra for the premium version, which is around 150 crowns per month, you can download the music indefinitely (legally, of course), but also create various playlists.
In addition, the music app learns from you and offers you what you might love to hear. But what if you decide to switch from one application to another? Does that mean you’ll have to re-create your playlists or download all your music? That would take too much time. Fortunately, we have different options for migrating music between platforms. In today’s article, we will simply tell you how to move music from spotify to apple musicbut vice versa!
From Spotify to Apple Music and vice versa
Possibilities to get music from Spotify and Apple Music – but also vice versa from / to other music services – there are many. Some ways are more complicated, others easier. Probably the most complicated and time-consuming thing you can do is manually add music to your library and distribute it to playlists.
Fortunately, it is different. At first, it is a pity that the individual platforms will not ask you if you happen to not have an account elsewhere and whether you do not want to move the music. Unfortunately, this does not work, so you must rely on third-party services.
Probably the most effective is the application SongShift. You can easily download it in AppStore. The application is in English, but its control is so simple that even a person who does not like English can handle it. So how do you move music using this app?
Tutorial – How do I move music from Spotify to Apple Music?
- Download the SongShift app on your iPhone and find it in the App Store
- When you start the application, you select the services you want to move music between
- You log in to applications through SongShift
- Use the “+” button in the upper right corner to select the source from which you will migrate the music
- Select a playlist and confirm, the application will then understand where you want to move the music
- After that, the music will be converted for some time (depending on the size of the playlist (s))
- You can then check the individual warehouses to see if everything fits as it should
- And all that remains is to confirm and convert the music
- Done, you have your old playlist in the new app!
It is also fair to say that playlists can only be moved one at a time. If you would like to migrate multiple playlists at once, you must have a premium version of the application, which costs 139 crowns per month.
So now we figured out how to get individual playlists into Apple Music. But what about the entire music library? The first four steps of the previous manual are the same, then follow these steps:
- You must change the “playlist” option to “song”
- Choose to move the entire library
- Again, wait for the music to move, which will last according to the number of songs
- You can check the music
- You will then confirm your selection and the music will be converted
- Done, your library is being moved from Spotify to Apple Music
You can also transfer music from your computer
Moving music from one application to another is therefore easier than it might seem at first glance. There are many applications that can do this, but through SongShift it is a really simple operation that everyone can handle.
Of course, you can also transfer music through your computer, where I can recommend a web application, for example Tune my Music. It basically works like SongShift, just on the computer. It is up to you what you use in the end and what is more comfortable for you.
The only thing that can theoretically limit you is the scope of the music library. Interestingly, Spotify offers a database of up to 70 million songs, while Apple Music “only” 50 million songs. YouTube Music has a total of 60 million songs, but also offers audio versions of videos and live concerts, so it is the most extensive equipment.
Source: Mobilizujeme.cz by mobilizujeme.cz.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Mobilizujeme.cz by mobilizujeme.cz. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!