Tušl denied the charge of stalking Kubek and harassing Flegro

Update: 25.01.2023 13:31

Prague – Today, Patrik Tušl rejected the indictment in court accusing him of dangerous persecution and disorderly conduct due to the harassment of the head of the Czech Medical Chamber, Milan Kubek, and the evolutionary biologist Jaroslav Flegr. He did not deny that he tried to contact Kubka, but according to him, the doctor lied about him in the media, so he wanted to talk to him face to face. Due to the harassment of Flegro, Tomáš Čermák and Zdeněk Masár are also accused of disorderly conduct together with Tušl, they also denied having committed a crime. The main trial will continue in March.

According to the indictment, Tušl tried to force contact with Kubek between November 2021 and January 2022. He waited for him outside the house where he lived, rang his bell and demanded his presence so he could ask him questions about the covid-19 vaccination. He was also waiting for Kubek in front of his workplace, calling him at the doctor’s office. According to the public prosecutor, hundreds of people watched his actions via Facebook. According to the file, Tušl urged them to contact Kubek as well. According to the indictment, the aim was to collect financial contributions from people. Sometimes Čermák also participated in the meeting, but he is not guilty in this point of the indictment.

Tušl, however, together with Čermák and Masár, according to the public prosecutor, in the second half of November 2021, this time in front of Flegra’s house, sounded the siren and called on Flegra to “desist from unlawful conduct in the name of the law”. According to the plaintiff, the motive was to disgrace Flegra in the eyes of the public.

Tušl said today that he feels innocent. “In my opinion, it was not a dangerous pursuit,” he told the court about the point that concerned Kubko. Tušl testified that he rang the doorbell at the doctor’s home, but rejected the prosecution’s claim that he broke into the house. He said that Kubka’s wife “opened the door herself”. He claims that Kubek talked about him in the media, so he wanted to talk to him.

According to his words, Tušl did not invite other people to contact Kubek, he claims that they wanted to contact him themselves. He admitted some of the phone calls to Kubek, but never allegedly scolded him. He said that if it is him on the recording, the sound must be edited.

Tušl did not even agree to ask for money for visiting Kubek. According to the defendant, there was also no reason for the doctor to be afraid of anything. Tušl mentioned several times that Kubek once ran over Čermák in front of his workplace with a car. “We filed a criminal complaint, but it was postponed,” said Tušl. Regarding the incident, Kubek said that people prevented him from leaving and stood in front of his car, he rejected the claim that he ran into someone.

To Flegr, Tušl said that he “didn’t know that it was a crime to sound the siren”. He added that he felt like a political prisoner. Čermák also rejected the indictment today. “I think it’s nothing criminal. It’s not so serious that they should punish us for it, because we didn’t really do anything,” he said. Flegra allegedly wanted to ask how it is with vaccinations. According to him, it was about recession and fun. According to Čermák, Kubek and Flegr are also public figures and should tolerate a higher level of criticism. Massar also told the court that it was not a criminal offence.

Kubek told the court that he received threats even before autumn 2021, but according to him, everything escalated when someone published his address on the Internet. He described how contacts with Tušel and other people were repeated. He could not take public transport because of the persecution, he was careful not to do the same activities at the same time. He also had police protection. A nurse also testified at the court, who described how people left vulgar messages on Kubek’s work answering machine. Flegr apologized for today’s meeting.

At the end of last year, Tušl and Čermák received final sentences for hateful statements about Ukrainians in a recording on social networks. The Court of Appeal imposed a ten-month prison sentence on Tušl, and a ten-month suspended sentence on Čermák. The men committed the crimes of defaming the nation and inciting hatred.

According to the newspaper Právo, Tušl was also convicted last week of threatening to kill a police officer and blackmailing a woman who archived and exposed his misinformation on social networks. The district court for Prague 5 has so far illegally increased his sentence to 15 months in prison.

Source: České noviny – hlavní události by www.ceskenoviny.cz.

*The article has been translated based on the content of České noviny – hlavní události by www.ceskenoviny.cz. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!