The 69th edition of the Trento Film Festival will take place from 30 April to 9 May 2021, this year dedicated to Greenland and the climate.
The 69th edition of the Trento Film Festival. This 2021 the section “Destination …“Will be dedicated to Greenland, which will discuss the variations caused by climate change.
In addition to the screenings, the Trento Film Festival will host a series of dating, including the one that will host the journalist and writer Sandro Orlando. The latter will be the protagonist of an event focused on the history of climatology.
Will be present atliterary event the essayist Bruno Berni will be dedicated to the “Greenlandic legends” (ed. Iperborea), while Ella and Fabio Pasini will participate in the appointment “Traveling with dad”.
Trento Film Festival 2021: main films
Present at the Trento Film Festival 2021 the documentary “The red house“(2021) by Francesco Catarinolo. The film tells the life and work of Robert Peroni. The South Tyrolean explorer and writer who has chosen to live, after several expeditions in Greenland, in the remote location of Tasiilaq.
Here are some of the others film present in the Destination section …:
- Sumé – The Sound of a Revolution (2014) by Inuk Silis Høegh, the first film capable of recounting recent Greenland, through the story of the first Greenlandic rock band;
- The Raven and the Seagull (2018) by Lasse Lau which emphasizes the emergence in Greenland as in Denmark of a post-colonial consciousness;
- Kenneth Sorento Dichmann’s The Fight for Greenland (2020) on a recent election campaign, an engaging portrait of Greenland today;
- Winter’s Yearning (2019) by Sidse Torstholm Larsen and Sturla Pilskog on the transformation of the lifestyle that deals with environmental issues;
- Sila and the Gatekeepers of the Arctic (2016) by Swiss Corina Gamma which follows in parallel the centuries-old subsistence activities of the inhabitants of the northernmost settlement of the island;
- Eskimo Diva by Lene Stæhr (2015), a colorful and affectionate portrait of a musician and performer who, challenging the prejudices of the community, claims his queer identity by dreaming of becoming a pop star;
- Arctic Spleen (2014) by Italian photographer and director Piergiorgio Casotti, who lived on the east coast of Greenland for 3 years, during which he documented the life of teenagers with sensitivity, between boredom, domestic violence and the absence of perspectives, causes of one of the highest suicide rates in the world among young people.
|Data||from 30 April to 9 May|
Source: GreenStyle by www.greenstyle.it.
*The article has been translated based on the content of GreenStyle by www.greenstyle.it. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!