Chewing bread is a matter of consciousness. At its worst, a toothache can be penetrating, throbbing, throbbing, and whistling.
Tracing the cause of the pain is not always easy for the dentist either.
– The patient may say that the pain is felt on the right side of the face but is unable to specify whether it is in the upper or lower jaw, let alone in a particular tooth, the dentist Leena Palvas says.
Content continues after ad
The image reveals what the eye cannot see
The dentist sees the mouth by looking superficially at the teeth and mucous membranes, but not between the teeth, under the spot, or between the teeth.
roots, not to mention the jawbone.
The content continues below the ad
If the patient is able to locate the pain site, a single X-ray showing the sore teeth is sufficient. But not even the whole chin X-ray is always clear.
– In a conical beam examination, a three-dimensional image of the oral area is obtained. The roots of the posterior teeth that do not appear on orthopantomography are also seen. From there, a large outbreak or root fracture can be revealed, Palvas says.
This is usually an attack by streptococci
The most common cause of toothache is caries. Then the streptococcal bacteria have slipped into the nerve channel of the tooth and inflamed the nerve tissue. If the hole has not progressed to the tooth core, it can be patched. Before patching, the tooth is anesthetized.
– Caries, which looks like a brown, soft mass, is cleaned from the tooth with a drill bit. It is important to get the caries carefully removed,
that the bacteria do not start to multiply, says Palvas.
The tooth to be patched must be well insulated to prevent blood or saliva from entering. Therefore, the mouth is full of suction cups, pads and sheaths. There must be good contact between the teeth and there must be no gaps in them where food could accumulate.
The plastic is applied one layer at a time, after which it is cured with a blue LED light.
Inflammation in the tooth spreads easily to the jawbone
If the bacteria are allowed to fumble in peace, the inflammation propagates from the root canals to the jawbone and the pain becomes unbearable. The tooth is also often cold and hot and cannot withstand biting.
Then root canal treatment should be done.
– Bacteria, nerves and blood vessels are cleaned of root canals with files and the canal is rinsed with antibacterial solutions. The pressure eases when
inflamed nerve tissue is extracted. During the treatment, bactericidal calcium hydroxide is also applied to the root canals and the cleanliness of the root canals is ensured by X-rays, says Palvas.
To avoid any hollow space for bacteria in the root canals, root filling pins are placed in them. The tooth is then patched. Root canal treatment usually requires 2-3 visits.
Tooth extraction can save lives
If the inflammation is so deep that bacteria have corroded the jawbone, the tooth is removed.
– The tooth may already be swinging and may have a wet bleed. Inflammation can also spread to the airways and neck area, causing swelling and danger to life. Then the tooth is removed immediately.
In Finland, too, people die of dental infections despite intensive care.
Gingivitis can also cause pain, which can sometimes be felt throughout the mouth. If the inflammation progresses to periodontitis, the bacterial mass that has accumulated in the gingival pocket goes to the jawbone and begins to corrode it.
– Then the tooth attachment tissues give up and at worst the teeth start to swing. The cheek or gums may swell and the pain may be felt up to the ear. Even then, the tooth has to be removed.
Expert: Leena Palvas, dentist, Qmedical, Helsinki.
This article has appeared in Good Health magazine. As a subscriber, you can read all numbers free of charge from the digilehdet.fi service
Source: Hyvä Terveys by www.hyvaterveys.fi.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Hyvä Terveys by www.hyvaterveys.fi. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!