In May, the Days of Slavic Culture are traditionally held in Daugavpils. This year, the Center for Russian Culture, in cooperation with the Department of Culture and the House of Unity, will hold events from May 24 to 27 – an interesting and varied program will be offered to the audience.
The opening of the Days of Slavic Culture will take place on Tuesday, May 24 – in the Borisoglebsky Cathedral at 9:00 a divine service will be held on this occasion.
The Days of Slavic Culture is a bright cultural event of the year. Daugavpils residents and guests of the city will enjoy concerts, an exhibition and other events.
The program of events of the Days of Slavic Culture:
- Opening of the Days of Slavic Culture in Daugavpils
Solemn Divine Liturgy
Daugavpils Boris and Gleb Cathedral (2 Tautas St.), start – 9:00
- Exhibition of books dedicated to the opening of the Days of Slavic Literature and Culture
Center of Russian Culture (Varshavas street, 14), beginning – 15:00
The guests of the center will have the opportunity to get acquainted with rare, ancient and interesting books from the library of the Central Committee of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Announcement of the results of the historical competition “History of the native city” and the literary competition “Photography tells
Center of Russian Culture (Varshavas street, 14), beginning – 16:00
Awarding of winners and participants of the competitions of the Central Committee.
- Poetry evening “Line by line” – the folk theater “Seeker” participates
Center of Russian Culture (Varshavas street, 14), beginning – 17:00
- Concert “And in our yard …”
Center of Russian Culture (Varshavas street, 14), beginning – 18:00
The concert is attended by creative teams of the CRC – “Slavyanka”, “Rusichi”, “Inspiration”, “Uzory”.
- Evening of Russian romances “I will keep the words of love…”
Soloists – Elena Borel and Sergey Pimanov
Concert Hall of the House of Unity (Rīgas Street 22a), beginning – at 18:00
Tickets for this concert can be purchased at the box office of the Concert Hall of the House of Unity (on weekdays from 16:30 to 18:30). Price – 5 euros.
- The final festive concert of the Days of Slavic Culture
Venue: Palace of Culture, large hall (Smilshu str., 92). Start – at 18:00. Free admission.
Taking part in the concert
– guests from the Lithuanian city of Visaginas: Russian folklore ensemble “Bylina” i children’s folklore ensemble “Lark” (supervisor – Elena Churakova;
– soloist Olga Poznyak (Visaginas);
– Slavic vocal ensemble “Razdolie” (Lebanese) – team leader Elena Borel;
– Heritage Choir Center of Belarusian Culture (Head Sergey Bratusev);
– folk group of the Center of Polish Culture “Kukulechka” (head – Zhanna Stankevich);
– creative groups of the Center of Russian Culture: children’s vocal ensemble “Russian Karagoda”male vocal ensemble “Inspiration”youth dance group “Patterns”folklore ensembles “Slavyanka” i “Russians”mixed choir “Raspberry Ring”.
We are waiting for you at the events of the Days of Slavic Culture!
Photo and video filming will take place during all events.
Source: GOROD.LV – новости Даугавпилса by gorod.lv.
*The article has been translated based on the content of GOROD.LV – новости Даугавпилса by gorod.lv. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!