TikTok users under the age of 16 will automatically have private accounts set up. Thus, the social network decided to increase the safety and privacy of children on the Internet. About it reports BBC.
TikTok will make the accounts of users under 16 private
“We hope to inspire them to play an active role and make informed decisions,” said Elaine Fox, head of privacy at TikTok.
- only subscribers approved by a young user can watch videos of private accounts and comment on them;
- the video commenting function for private accounts can be completely disabled;
- young users will only be able to download videos created by people over 16;
- other users will not be able to post videos of people under 16 on their profiles;
- it will be possible to make a duet only with videos of users over 16 years old.
It is also noted that private accounts will not be “offered” to other users of the application.
TikTok is a social network for sharing short videos. It is available for users over 13 years old.
Recently it became known that TikTok is facing legal action from a 12-year-old girl. She accuses the social network of illegal use of personal data.
Photo: Kreminska / Shutterstock
*The article has been translated based on the content of Rusbase by rb.ru. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!