TikTok is an insanely dynamic platform, whose audience volume is growing at a crazy pace. Over the past 5 months, the platform’s active monthly audience has grown by more than 4 million users. The success of such dynamics is due to the fact that the platform actively supports the generation of content – in particular, with its algorithms.
Media Group Head of the advertising agency Progression Evgenia Prokhorova tells how to please the algorithms of the network, and uses examples to show which mechanics really work for brands.
TikTok creativity: how a brand can hook its target audienceVictoria Safronova
When a user posts the first videos, the platform often displays this content #wrack, due to which a large percentage of organic is gained. However, after uploading the following videos, the volume of views begins to decrease so that each user monitors trends, new items and adheres to them when forming content.
But if the volume of engagement (likes, shares, comments, subscribers and clicks to the account) grows evenly with the number of views, organic will also grow. Tiktok’s algorithms check content for engagement; with positive dynamics, they continue to show it to a larger audience.
Opportunities for promotion on the site
There are quite a few different promotion formats on TikTok now. Depending on the client’s tasks and the goals of the campaign, an individual mix is selected, which allows you to get the highest quality results.
- By analogy with Instagram, a promo from the TikTok account with the ability to customize the target audience – namely, gender, age and interests.
- Integration with bloggers of different topics and genres that are relevant to the brand.
- Integration into TikTok at home, which makes it possible to show brands in completely different ways and do it as natively as possible, since residents of TikTok houses show their usual everyday life and routine – so understandable and close to each of us. This presentation format is as “lively” and “honest” as possible, which finds a strong response from the audience.
- Larger campaigns supported by TikTok are different variations of the HHCH (official hashtag challenge). HHC can be with or without a mask, and with a track or without, and now the platform is actively developing additional interactive features to surprise and even more involve users in communication with brands.
Creative work mechanics for brands
In order not to be unfounded, we will present several specific mechanics that have proven their effectiveness and got not only into the audience, but also into the format of the site.
Mechanic 1: using a branded track
The case “RINGTONE DEMO FINAL MIX 123 dfghfw” is not the usual TikTok video format. This is an attempt to get to the site from the other side. From the side of the music, which plays a key role here.
Musician SQWOZ BAB released album of 22 short tracks that are ideal for recording a peppy video with them. Each track is a reflection of our life – “Dad calls”, “Former”, “Plans have changed.” Choose any, add it to your video – and the hit is ready. SQWOZ BAB flew not only to the top of TikTok, but also ended up in the heart of its audience.
To implement such a campaign, crazy investments are not required, because the track can be written either by a celeb or simply by a composer suitable for TOV. The track is loaded through the TikTok library, which also does not take much time and additional costs, since the site itself is interested in the development of the platform.
Currently, there are special “exchanges” on the platform that allow you to invite users to use your track in their videos. Therefore, support can be carried out both by large-scale media, for example, HHP, and by an “exchange” or bloggers to engage users.
Mechanics 2: native integration during an active news feed
Don’t play with food! Don’t play with the brand! How many times have you heard this and other blah blah blah?
But Heinz took it and played with the food for Halloween. Yes, so that the audience went. The mechanics were simple: don’t eat the sauce, but use it as a decoration for a scary holiday. Blood from the sauce immediately appeared on the faces and T-shirts of the bloggers.
Such a mechanic can be implemented as a small flight campaign for a period of 1-2 weeks and, of course, bloggers are best suited for successful implementation, since their creative presentation will show a variety of possible approaches.
Of course, such a mechanic is most relevant to the platform from the point of view of content delivery. In such campaigns, you can either use an existing newsfeed or create it yourself – for example, by embedding a #wreck.
Mechanic 3: using masks 2D, 3D, VR
The masks are so cool they can easily help out with billions of dollars in coverage. And it’s not a joke.
Pringles teamed up with Progression to launch a campaign #PlayWithPringles, in which the audience activated the mask using a gesture, and then performed simple actions from the brand. For example, she dived headlong under water with crabs from product cans. Simple, funky and incredibly effective.
One of the key criteria for the success of such a campaign is the “dialogue” with TikTok, since only they know what their audience is interested in right now and what additional “chips” to add to the mask so that users get a new experience.
The wild popularity of masks proves that, despite the repetitive mechanics, each new creative engages users. Especially if you add fun and fun in the form of animation and dynamics to the mask.
The step-by-step communication with TikTok should be done like this:
- First of all, we designate the brand, its target audience and the positioning of the site.
- Then – ideas and approaches to mechanics that the agency / partner has. We send in text format to TikTok.
- After that, the site returns with comments, like: “This entry is ok, but it needs to be reworked like this.” Based on the primary mechanics and without changing the idea, the guys say how and in which direction to tweak it, help to refine the call to action so that the user is very clear how and what to do. Here it is worth remembering the trends of the site.
- Rendering stage: we send the visualization, and TikTok gives feedback – is it worth reducing the amount of branding so that it does not scare away the audience; how large-scale the effect should be; whether you need it to spin like a whirlwind, or fall from above. We also send several in-feed options to cut out the best details (smile, movement, nod) from each and glue them into a single result.
- Then the site gives recommendations on what day of the week and time it is more productive to set the start of the campaign, evaluating the most active period at the moment. For example, the last six months are Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- The platform also advises on media and blogging support (whether to launch all bloggers on the same day). If the mechanics are simple, it makes sense to stretch blogging support. If the engagement is heavy (like dancing), it is better to launch bloggers one day so that users not only see media announcements, but also understand how to move and what emotions to show by example.
It is important to emphasize that the site itself is interested in the active involvement of users. The more often you consult with her, the more active the reaction and the stronger the interest in issuing a cool product. Therefore, do not hesitate to contact the guys 10 times a day.
Five rules of sustainable popularity
It is not enough to make noise, it is important to permanently maintain the degree of popularity. To do this, we recommend not to ignore the following points:
- Monitor the volume of likes, comments, reposts and other engagement.
- Pay attention to the percentage of subscribers increase after posting content.
- Stick to an average video timing of 20-25 seconds.
- Be sure to use hashtags and filters.
- Don’t forget about the tasty copy in the video description.
When designing and launching a TikTok campaign, first of all, it is important to define its key objective. And here the question is not only in reach and engagement, but also in the communication message, which should be remembered by users. It is equally important to understand what exactly your target audience is doing on TikTok – what bloggers she watches, what activities she participates in, what videos she likes and comments.
Only after that it will be possible to find the optimal mix in terms of presentation style and communication format. When choosing the latter, take into account the specifics of the content you plan to integrate into, since in order to increase audience loyalty on TikTok, information should be presented as “hard” as possible.
Photo: Roobcio / Shutterstock
Source: RB.RU by rb.ru.
*The article has been translated based on the content of RB.RU by rb.ru. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!