In the case of asthma, it can also cause suffocation, shortness of breath, and asthma attacks if the pollen of the allergenic plant is present in high concentrations in the air. However, in addition to the pollen report, it is also worth browsing the air pollution data before organizing an outdoor program – warns dr. Györgyi Potecz pulmonologist, allergist, chief physician of the Lung Center. In the summer heat, the concentration of ozone near the ground can rise high, in which case it is worth paying attention to this, especially in the afternoon and early evening hours.
What air pollution values should you monitor?
Among the small particles in the air, invisible to the naked eye, there are pollens, combustion products and dust, which, when inhaled, irritate the inflamed airways typical of asthmatics and intensify their symptoms. In the case of asthmatics, in particular, the increase in ground-level ozone and small particle pollution causes complaints, many patients experience coughing attacks, shortness of breath, chest discomfort, and an insecure, burning sensation in the lungs.
It also indirectly worsens asthma symptoms
Air pollution is not just a problem in itself. Due to the inhalation of airway irritating contaminants, the asthmatic patient may also be more sensitive to other triggers (factors that provoke seizures). For example, after an outdoor program organized during periods of high air pollution, allergens in your home that would otherwise cause no complaints, such as mold and dust mites, can also irritate and exacerbate your symptoms.
Ozone is more of a problem in summer and particulate matter is more of a problem in winter
Air pollution can be high in any season. In winter, due to fog, mist and poor air movement, especially in large cities, along busy roads, due to mixed-fuel heating, primarily accumulating small particulate pollution is a problem. In the summer heat, the concentration of ozone near the ground can rise high, in which case it is worth paying attention to this, especially in the afternoon and early evening hours.
Pay attention to these outdoors in summer!
– More in the summer schedule early in the morning for example, if you want to run outdoors, ride a bike.
– Plan your route to avoid busy traffic routes!
– Indreview the current air pollution report before use and only set off if the values for that day are below normal.
– If you have allergic asthma, don’t forget the pollen report! In case of high pollen concentration or high heat, consider exercising indoors, in which case you will enjoy the comfort of air-conditioned gyms.
– If you don’t want to give up outdoor exercise, then reduce the amount or duration of physical activity. Instead of 30 minutes, plan your workout for 20 minutes, instead of strenuous running, jog more loosely.
– Remember to consult your doctor about outdoor sports. Your professional can also give you advice on the medications you need in addition to sports that you may need to avoid worsening your symptoms.
Source: Lung center
Source: Patika Magazin Online by www.patikamagazin.hu.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Patika Magazin Online by www.patikamagazin.hu. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!