Mayors of 12 provinces, who came together under the hosting of Bilecik Mayor Semih Şahin, continue their investigations throughout the province.
Vefa Salman, who was suspended by the Ministry of Interior on February 27, 2020 and whose reinstatement period was extended every 2 months, told ANKA News Agency on the subject at Bilecik Atatürk Park:
‘WE ATTENDED THE POSITION OF A MAN WHO EXHIBITED CRIMINAL AND DECLARED FINAL’
- “We know the law we live in in Yalova, there is an unjust process that started on February 6, 2020. It is a crime we discovered. However, although we were the one who reported this crime to the Public Prosecutor’s Office, as our Chairman said in a group meeting, we made history in Turkey. We have fallen into the position of a man who was declared guilty after uncovering the crime, and we were tried in the dock in the court, and we continue to be tried.
‘I SEND ALL THE EVIDENCE TO THE GENERAL PROSECUTOR OF THE REPUBLIC’
- In other words, no matter how you look at it, no matter where you hold it, even though the process regarding us collapsed in the first court, after they suspended us from office even though it was illegal, even though all the witnesses, all the complainants, all the witnesses are heard… I am from February 6 to February 27. I was in the mayor’s office until now. I sent all the evidence to the Chief Public Prosecutor’s Office. I reported. Despite this, unfortunately, they still haven’t reinstated me. At the discretion of the Ministry of Interior, this process is extended every 2 months.
‘OUR STRUGGLE IS NOT LEGAL, IT IS POLITICAL’
- After all, let me say this; Unfortunately, my vice president was also kept in prison for a very long time, 19 months, even though he was not guilty of any crime and did not have a signature responsibility. Why am I saying this; Look, there was a bribery corruption in Samsun Metropolitan Municipality. as documented. It’s done criminally. There was a treasure in the house of the Financial Services Manager there. Euro came out, Dollar came out, title deed came out. But they evacuated 2 days ago in 8 months. It’s a pity, isn’t it a sin? The innocent person was held there for 19 months. But a person who was determined to be guilty was released after 8 months. Now, when I include him in the process, it is not legal for me to be returned anyway. Our struggle is not a legal one, it is a political one. This is clear and precise. The people of Yalova already know this very well.
‘THEY CANNOT GOVERN YALOVA FROM THE MUNICIPALITY’
- The love and sympathy for us rose much higher when we walked on the street. We live it, we see it. Unfortunately, they cannot manage Arti Yalova from the Municipality at the moment. The disturbance is at a very high level both in the municipality personnel and in the people of Yalova.
‘OUR FIGHT WILL CONTINUE TO THE END’
- They know themselves. Politics is a long-running race. We will continue this race. So we don’t necessarily have to be in an office. But I believe this; eventually they have to return me to that position, to that seat. Because this is the seat of the people, not the seat of Vefa Salman. The injustice done here was done to the people of Yalova. The preference of Yalova voters at the ballot box was shackled. Therefore, I always believed in Allah’s justice and took refuge. In the 2014 elections, we won the election and they canceled it. We won the second one again. In 2019, the people of Yalova once again showed us their favor in this regard. As of now, the real owner of this favor should be given to the preference of the people of Yalova, namely Vefa Salman. Our fight will continue until the end. I firmly believe that; The Municipality of the Republican People’s Party will continue to serve the people of Yalova, once again on duty in Yalova.”
Source: Cumhuriyet Gazetesi – Güncel by www.cumhuriyet.com.tr.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Cumhuriyet Gazetesi – Güncel by www.cumhuriyet.com.tr. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!