Basbousa is one of the varieties of desserts that Egyptians love, which is a dear guest to them on all happy occasions and is a symbol of the presence of joy when it is served, but who among us knows the history of this beloved and beloved sweets we all have of all kinds.
The history of the basbousa sweets dates back to the Ottoman Empire, which was famous at that time for the ingenuity of making sweets of various kinds. One of the reasons for its spread in the Egyptian society since then is the ease of its manufacture. Throughout those years, Egyptians were able to add their usual touches, and there were many ways of making basbousa sweets, so that today we find them made with sweets and with different types of nuts and flavors, so we find today of the types of basbousa widespread in Egypt:
- Plain basbousa
- Basbousa with cream
- Basbousa with almonds
- Basbousa with cream
- Basbousa with custard
- Basbousa with yogurt and baladi butter
First: the ingredients
(Two cups of basbousa flour of any type you prefer – one cup of coconut – half a cup of unsweetened butter – one third of a cup of sugar – one teaspoon of baking powder – one cup of yogurt)
Sherbet ingredients (two cups of sugar – one and a half cups of water – a tablespoon of rose water – a teaspoon of lemon juice)
Second: the method of work
- Before starting to prepare the ingredients, the oven is turned on at 400 ° C
- A tray is prepared appropriately and painted with butter
- We start mixing the ingredients (basbousa flour + coconut + sugar + baking powder + butter)
- Add yogurt and continue mixing until the consistency is firm
- Spread the mixture in the tray and try to straighten it so that it has an equal height from 2 to 3 cm
- Add the nuts you prefer, if desired, to the surface of the mixture
- The tray is placed in the hot oven at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes
- Finally, the upper grill is turned on for a minute or two at most to get brown
- The mixture of cold syrup is added to the basboua immediately after it comes out of the oven
- Cut the shape you like and serve it as you like, hot or cold
Source: مصر فايف by misr5.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of مصر فايف by misr5.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!