In order to better understand how the facts happened, but also the involvement of each one, we reproduce chronologically all the data recorded by the investigators in the criminal files. And we specify from the beginning that the victim, whom we will call Maria, was born in April of 2005. All the information is reproduced from the official documents of the investigators.
– December 2017 – The victim was recruited, sexually exploited and trafficked by Florin Bucur, called “Râmă”.
– February – March 2018 – The victim (according to the data recorded in the criminal files listed below) was raped twice by Ionel Robert Ştefan, the mayor of Ştefăneştii de Jos commune.
– May 14, 2018 – Maria was filmed while telling the story of how she was raped by several individuals.
– November 29, 2018 – Maria gave birth to a child at the “Polizu” Maternity Hospital in Bucharest.
– November 29, 2018 – The 4th Police Department in Bucharest was notified by the hospital (the victim was 13 years, 7 months and 27 days old at the time of birth). Maria told the Bucharest police that the little boy she had just given birth to was the result of repeated rapes.
– January 14, 2019 – The policemen from the Postul in Dascălu commune went to Maria’s house. In the presence of her mother, Maria told them that she was not raped and that, at the age of 12, she consented to sexual relations with Florin Bucur.
– January 30, 2019 – File 894/P/2019 is registered at Dascălu Police Station.
– February 9, 2019 – The driver of the town hall in Dascălu commune came into possession of some video recordings, which Radu Eftimie had on his mobile phone. In the two video clips, Maria cried and told how she had sexual relations with Eftimie, Florin Bucur but also with another person.
– February 2019 – The driver of the city hall filmed Maria while she was telling how she allegedly had sexual relations with the mayor of Ştefăneştii de Jos for 100 lei.
– August 2019 – Maria was heard as an injured person. The girl told the police that she became pregnant as a result of a love affair with a certain “Alex”, who would have left her after learning that she was pregnant.
– June 2020- The police interviewed the girl’s father, who also had the same version.
– June 2020 – The police interviewed Florin Bucur. The man stated that he neither raped the girl nor had sexual relations with her.
– December 25-26, 2020- The driver from the Dascălu town hall met with the mayor Ionel Robert Ştefan. During heated discussions, the mayor allegedly punched him.
– December 2020 – The driver filed a complaint with Section 9 in Bucharest for hitting the mayor.
– February 2, 2021 – The driver of the town hall in Dascălu commune filed a complaint with the IPJ Ilfov.
– February 11, 2021 – At the Ilfov Criminal Investigation Service, the file with unique number 866/P/2021 was opened, in which the criminal investigation “in rem” was started, for sexual intercourse with a minor. The criminal prosecution targeted the mayor of Ştefăneştii de Jos, Ionel Robert Ştefan.
– March 10, 2021- A prosecutor from the Prosecutor’s Office attached to the Buftea Court brought together the two open criminal files (894/P/2019 and 866/P/2021), and the investigations continued in file 894/P/2019.
– March 29, 2021 – Maria was reheard. She told how she was recruited by Florin Bucur using the “Loverboy” method and then threatened and beaten to have sexual relations with his friends, Radu Eftimie and Florin Lazarina. Also on March 29, 2021, Maria reported how, while she was pregnant, she was taken by one of the abusers, Radu Eftimie, as an offering to the mayor of Ştefăneştii de Jos. Twice. The girl also told the investigators that her father would have received 10,000 lei not to report anything to the police.
– March 30, 2021 – Florin Bucur and Radu Eftimie already knew what the victim had declared to the Police and began to put pressure on the girl and her family.
– April 2021 – Another criminal file was opened at the Prosecutor’s Office attached to the Buftea Court: 3270/P/2021.
– April 1, 2021 – The “in rem” criminal investigation was extended.
– June 7, 2021 – The criminal prosecution “in rem” for influencing statements was extended.
– June 7, 2021 – The criminal prosecution “in rem” for blackmail was extended.
– June 7, 2021 – At the Prosecutor’s Office attached to the Ilfov Court, file 138/P/2021 is opened, in which investigations are carried out “in rem” for the commission of two crimes of bribery. Someone had picked up on the intercepts, which led to IPJ Ilfov.
– June 8, 2021 – The prosecutor from the Prosecutor’s Office attached to the Buftea District Court already had 5 suspects in the file:
1. Florin Bucur, called “Râmă” – suspect for sexual intercourse with a minor in continuous form, rape and influencing statements in continuous form.
2. Radu Eftimie, known as “Pele” (guard at the mayor’s pool) – suspect for rape in continuous form and influencing statements in continuous form.
3. Ionel Robert Ştefan (mayor of Ştefăneştii de Jos commune) – suspect for continued sexual intercourse with a minor.
4. Florin Lazarina – suspect for rape.
5. Nicoleta Bondoc (housekeeper at the mayor’s house) – suspect for blackmail.
– June 10, 2021 – The prosecutor’s office attached to the Buftea Court made 5 searches of the 5 suspects. Late at night, the case prosecutor detains 3 of the suspects for 24 hours: Radu Eftimie, Florin Bucur and the mayor of Ştefăneştii de Jos.
-June 11, 2021 – The case prosecutor from the Prosecutor’s Office attached to the Buftea Court did not ask for preventive arrest warrants, but revoked all detention orders. The 3 were released earlier than the expiration of the 24 hours.
– June 25, 2021 – Radu Eftimie was arrested by the Buftea Court, at the request of the prosecutors.
– September 24, 2021 – Florin Bucur was placed under judicial control. The request for arrest was rejected by the magistrates.
– September 29, 2021 – Florin Bucur was arrested by the Ilfov Court, during the trial of the appeal filed by the prosecutor’s office.
– October 14, 2021 – Florin Bucur and Radu Eftimie were sent to trial by the Prosecutor’s Office attached to the Buftea Court.
– October 14, 2021 – From the file 3270/P/2021, from the Prosecutor’s Office attached to the Buftea Court, the section on minors’ trafficking and implicitly the mayor’s was disbanded to DIICOT.
– October 14, 2021 – From file 3270/P/2021, from the Prosecutor’s Office attached to the Buftea Court, another file was separated, which concerned acts committed by the director of the DGASPC Ilfov but also by the mayor of the Dascălu commune, Doina Mănăilă.
– February 11, 2022 – Mayor Ionel Robert Ştefan was arrested at the request of DIICOT prosecutors along with 6 other people. The mayor is accused of continued rape, beatings and other violence and influencing statements.
– May 31, 2022 – The batch from DIICOT was sent to court under preventive arrest.
– November 25, 2022 – The prosecutor’s office attached to the Buftea Court sued the director of DGASPC Ilfov, Bogdan Iulian Pîntea, for disclosing secret service or non-public information. In the same file, the mayor Doina Mănăilă was also referred to justice, for favoring the criminal.
On November 18, 2021, one month and 4 days after two of the gang from Ștefăneștii Jos were sent to court, the victim of the abusers filed a shocking action at the Buftea Court: “underage marriage”. The victim, who had not yet turned 17 and who already had a child, the result of repeated rapes, surprisingly asked the magistrates to approve and legalize the marriage with the one she accused of raping her. Maria asked to marry Radu Eftimie, arrested in both criminal cases in which he was sent to court. This despite the fact that the man permanently denied, according to a source from the investigation, that he was the father of the child that Maria gave birth to on November 29, 2018. For this, DNA expertise was needed and although the test proved that he is the father, the man refused to recognize the little boy and be entered on the birth certificate.
At the deadline of January 28, 2022, the DIICOT prosecutors requested the suspension of the action in court, and at the following deadline, from April, the judge found that the teenager was no longer in the courtroom. Maria was in the custody of the investigators. For the first time since the outbreak of the scandal, Maria was placed under a form of protection. The investigators from DIICOT managed to remove her from the family that had enjoyed 10,000 lei and took her away from everyone who had been pressuring her continuously for almost 4 years. Maria was placed in the care of an NGO and taken away from the mayor of Ştefăneşti and the rest of the clan. In the 4 years DGASPC Ilfov, the supreme institution that deals, or should deal with the children of Ilfov, failed to put Maria under a similar form of protection. In a response received last year, the management of DGASPC Ilfov mentioned that “(…) the minor claimed that she does psychological counseling in private and that she does not want to be included in a psychological counseling program within DGASPC Ilfov. At the same time, she stated that both she and her child are not victims of any crime and that she wants the authorities to stop intervening”. The same minor is now in school, far from the world that turned her into a currency for 4 years. The same minor that DGASPC Ilfov was talking about, at the last deadline for marriage approval, in the courtroom, alone with the magistrate, had courage and said that she was pressured and forced to ask for marriage with the man who had raped her and who was brought from arrest at the court dates. So the Buftea Court rejected the marriage request.
On November 25, the director of DGASPC Ilfov was sent to court for disclosing secret service or non-public information. Bogdan Iulian Pîntea is accused of not only not ordering any form of protection for Maria and her little boy during the 4 years, but also of having made available to the mayor of Ştefăneştii de Jos the file of the girl from DGASPC Ilfov in which she was found the statement given against him and the psychological assessment made by an expert of the department. The acts would have been committed after the first arrest and implicitly the sudden release of the mayor.
Source: Jurnalul by jurnalul.ro.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Jurnalul by jurnalul.ro. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!