The Resolution That Wasn’t
Tsargrad TV published a messagewhich says:
“About 50 countries in the UN out of 193 signed a statement against the special operation in Ukraine. “The current UN vote is about how Western dreams are being destroyed,” political analyst Alexei Mukhin said.
The anti-Russian resolution on the conflict in Ukraine and Donbas was signed by 54 UN member states out of 193.
Why is this a serious blow to the “American dream”, explained Alexei Mukhin, general director of the Center for Political Information.
He pointed out that the fact that less than a third of the countries that are members of the UN voted for the Russophobic resolution indicates the failure of US policy towards Russia.
Everything happened, as in the saying: no matter how much you pull the reins, but in the end the harness begins to cause inconvenience to the horses and these horses will simply leave the herd.
The current vote at the UN is about how Western dreams are being destroyed, Alexei Mukhin said on Sputnik radio.
It can be seen from the text that its authors confuse (perhaps deliberately) different concepts: a resolution (which may mean a resolution of the General Assembly or the UN Security Council), and a statement – and, accordingly, signing and voting.
Indeed, August 24, 2022 – the date was probably chosen because this day marks exactly six months since the start of the Russian aggression against Ukraine – Permanent Representative of Ukraine to the UN Serhiy Kislitsa released a statementwhich was signed by representatives of 54 UN member states, including the United States of America, the United Kingdom, as well as a number of countries of the European Union.
The position of the UN General Assembly has not changed
However, this statement was neither a resolution nor a draft, and it was not put to a vote.
At the same time, on March 2, 2022, the UN General Assembly adopted Resolution A/ES-11/L.1 “Aggression against Ukraine” dated March 2, 2022. In this document, the General Assembly:
“one. reaffirms its commitment to the sovereignty, independence, unity and territorial integrity of Ukraine within its internationally recognized borders, including its territorial waters;
2. Expresses its deepest regret over the aggression committed by the Russian Federation against Ukraine in violation of Article 2 4) of the Charter;
3. Demands that the Russian Federation immediately cease the use of force against Ukraine and refrain from any further unlawful threat or use of force against any Member State;
4. Also demands that the Russian Federation immediately, completely and unconditionally withdraw all its armed forces from the territory of Ukraine within its internationally recognized borders;
5. Deplores the decision of the Russian Federation of 21 February 2022 regarding the status of certain regions of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine as violating the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Ukraine and incompatible with the principles of the Charter;
6. Demands from the Russian Federation the immediate and unconditional cancellation of the decision concerning the status of certain regions of the Donetsk and Lugansk regions of Ukraine.”
For this resolution of the General Assembly 141 UN members voted.
It is logical to assume that the authors of “Tsargrad” deliberately mix concepts, passing off the official statement of the representative of Ukraine to the UN as a draft resolution of the General Assembly.
As a result, the reader gets the impression that the position of the international community regarding the aggression of the Russian Federation has undergone fundamental changes, and support for Ukraine has significantly decreased.
The publication was prepared by the portal 15 min in collaboration with Facebookin order to prevent the spread of misleading news on the social network. More information about the program and its rules – here.
Source: 15min.lt – suprasti akimirksniu | RSS by www.15min.lt.
*The article has been translated based on the content of 15min.lt – suprasti akimirksniu | RSS by www.15min.lt. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!