For more than half a century, they have hosted the creme de la creme of the Yugoslav and world political, cultural and pop skies, among whom were at least 15 presidents. Their accommodation and culinary delicacies are still at the very top of the world’s leading sites, which do not give such praise for no reason.
Then, thanks to the crown, they realized that the new age requires new business moves and – they pulled.
Hotel Zlatnik – one of the most representative Serbian high-class hotels in the future will be an elite place for rest and life for all who have stepped into the third age.
The report in “Vesti” about the opening of the first such accommodation – a hotel for seniors in the Balkans, literally lit up the telephone lines at the headquarters of our editorial office in Frankfurt.
Some asked that it was an advertising trick, others how much that pleasure would cost, and still others tried to find out what such accommodation would mean for them and their loved ones in practice.
– Believe it or not, our phones in Belgrade also glowed, although we are still in awe when we haven’t pointed out any contact phones yet, and at the same time our site is in the phase of redesign. Found through friends and even former managers. They call from Germany, Switzerland, all the way to France – says the manager, Dr. Radmila Wilma Getman.
Welcome at the airport
Our interlocutor explains that people, mostly seniors or their children, are interested in the smallest details. All the questions can be translated into one: is it really possible that we made a place tailored to the oldest.
– It really is. We have created a place that many nobles would not be ashamed of in terms of their elegance, and at the same time it is completely adapted to the needs of seniors in terms of functionality. For most hotels or nursing homes, everything is subordinated to profit, and with us every little thing is in the exclusive purpose of our guest, from his daily rituals, to those needs that even top hotels do not recognize, and are related to the elderly population – a story in one breath manager of Zlatnik Dr. Radmila Vilma Getman.
He explains that many, after the report in “Vesti”, inquired about a whole series of little things, and there were also those – unusual questions.
– A man from Germany explained to us that he has a semi-mobile mother, and that he would like to go on vacation with his family, and whether it is possible for her to spend that time with us. He was literally shocked when we told him that not only is that possible, but it is also feasible for everyone to spend some time together in our hotel, that is, to see for themselves our conditions. Others wondered if it was possible to send their parents by plane, because it is complicated to travel by car. And they were surprised by the fact that we have a specialized vehicle to wait for our guest directly at the airport… The third was interested, since their parents are sick and require specific accommodation, whether a room could be rearranged and provide 24-hour care . And they could not believe that each of our rooms, and these are apartments, single or double, equipped with ordinary and medical beds, that each toilet is arranged so that it can be used by people in wheelchairs, that we have a doctor on duty , and that there is one nurse and several nurses on duty 24/7 in each ward. We even converted one room into an emergency clinic, where we would provide first care, and then transfer them with our medical vehicle to one of the two hospitals in the immediate vicinity: Zemun Hospital or KBC Bežanijska kosa. It turned out that we did well because it was with the Covid-19 pandemic
viruses and the recommendation that all guests be received through a separate entrance so as not to enter the infection – the story in the breath of the manager.
At our suspicious views, Branka and Dragan Vuletić, the founders and owners of the cult hotel, give us the pleasure to take us personally with the new Zlatnik.
And while the lobby of this hotel has remained the same – in that recognizable antique style, with sumptuous furniture and more than a hundred original art photographs, the part that once served for big celebrations has been converted into a ground floor with deluxe rooms equipped with central air conditioning, TVs, free internet and spacious toilets…
– One nurse is planned for about ten rooms, and platforms have been built for all semi-mobile guests. We are especially proud of our dining room, but also the kitchen. We deliberately divided the lunch part into the one for smokers and non-smokers, and when it comes to food, suffice it to say that it will be at the same level as many presidents, actors, singers came to us… That means we are not even a foot away gave up on making everything absolutely homemade and fresh. Clearly, this time the diet for each guest will depend exclusively on the decision of the hired nutritionists, but that is why it will be enriched with everything we make ourselves: from winter food to juices. Here, we are just finishing the juices from the currently seasonal fruit – Branka Vuletić proudly points out.
Her husband adds that the idea is that every guest feels not only in a five-star hotel, but also in their own house.
– Each of us has some morning or daily rituals and that is why we will do our best to adapt the stay to each guest as much as possible. As much as we are convinced that we are doing a great thing, we will offer it to everyone who is interested in spending a certain period of adaptation with us. Let it be a week or a month, as much as he needs to estimate – Dragan Vuletić points out.
Lower prices than European ones
The owners of Zlatnik say that they do not have a fixed price list of accommodation yet, but that it will depend on the individual needs of each of the potential guests.
– After the text in “Vesti”, a friend who lives in France contacted me to ask if it was true that we were changing activities. When I confirmed to him, he confided in me that he was looking around Paris, but also in other French cities, a nursing home where he would move. When I told him what our approximate prices would be, he was astonished. He told me that it was at least four or five times less than the money they had asked him for so far and that he would have to come and see what we were offering. I told him that a glass of welcome wine – at my expense – laughs Dragan Vuletić.
Magicians and excursions
Dr. Radmila Vilma Getman, the manager of Zlatnik, says that she is very upset that the departure of the elderly to nursing homes is, as a rule, equated with their exclusion from normal life.
– It makes me very sad when I hear that nursing homes are places where people are left to die. That is absolutely not true, and we will radically change that attitude. Depending on the affinity of each of our guests, there will be an active art workshop every day, and the hotel also has a cinema and theater hall. Also, we already have ready and arable young actors, singers, magicians who are happy to enjoy spending time together with our guests. At the same time, we have our own van, as well as the possibility of transferring complete catering, so it is enough to show a place on the map and visit that part of Serbia every weekend: whether it will be monasteries, some natural beauties or something else will depend solely on desire of our users – promises Dr. Getman.
For more and more information, but doubts that we have not been able to remove with this text, the employees of the Hotel Zlatnik are available either by e-mail or by telephone contact (viber, whatsapp)
mail: [email protected]
All by arrangement
The Zlatnik Hotel, which can accommodate a maximum of 100 users, is open to all agreements. Everything is flexible, nothing is “nailed”.
If someone wants to enjoy a triple room by himself, it will be possible for him. The time of stay is also flexible. Maybe a week, while, say, the family is on vacation, and maybe for the rest of their lives. Everything as desired.
Accommodation for relatives from abroad
In Zlatnik, they also help to improve mobility, train users for independent living after a hospital stay, and prepare them for going to a rehabilitation center. It can also be a home for those who are overburdened with a life situation or need a break and relief from current obligations.
– We also differ from others in that we provide accommodation for relatives, especially those from abroad, when they come to visit. They can be accommodated in one of the apartments for 10, 15 days or a whole month. The same goes for adaptation. In order for everyone to get used to it faster and easier, the relative can be accommodated together with the user for the first few days – the hosts point out.
From pharmacy to hairdresser
Within Zlatnik, as in all inclusive hotels, everything will be subordinated to the guests.
In addition to the surgery, pharmacy, physical therapy room and exercise room, there is a large common terrace for relaxation and socializing, but also a library, space for art workshops, cinema and theater stage, as well as a salt room, wellness program, hairdresser and salon for pedicure…
Source: Vesti online by www.vesti-online.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Vesti online by www.vesti-online.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!