The songs generated by AI, the recipe for success for a successful music career?


A software developer specializing in AI technologies has created a business model that could prove very profitable, for himself but also for music stars brought to international fame, using licensed songs generated using artificial intelligence.

If you thought that new songs on the radio or on YouTube were a bit out of place, well that’s possible. to have found the explanation.

Founded in 2018, Boomy is a service that allows you to “create original songs” just by checking one of the generic criteria, such as the genre of music, tempo, and artists you’d like to be inspired by, a simple click on the Create Song button working on the AI ​​connected to a database that contains the collective “experience” of hundreds of artists the songs published by them over time. About 30 seconds later you already receive a preliminary version of the song that you can finish at will, adding or removing musical instruments, adjusting the tempo and tone of the audio, adding echo effects, and so on. When you are satisfied with the result you can move on to the next stage, singing over the created negative and saving your first “original” song. And if you happen to be successful with the song or songs thus created, then 80% of the revenue generated through streaming platforms belongs to you, the remaining 20% ​​going to the “composer” Alex Mitchell, the developer behind the Boomy platform.

With website and a dedicated smartphone application, Boomy already has a collection of over 100,000 songs sung by the approximately 10,000 beneficiaries of its music composition services. Thus, there are six adults who have listened to at least some of these songs, signed by more or less anonymous authors.

According to developer Alex Mitchell, 85% of users of the platform have never created music before, many of them managing to capitalize on their musical talent in their free time, generating revenue based on music distributed through streaming platforms.

Interestingly, the principles behind Boomy are not new at all, with software capable of assisting songwriting using landmarks from existing music dating back to the 1980’s. advances in artificial intelligence technologies. Thus, the work of a professional composer can be replicated in just a few seconds using algorithms, the quality and originality of the result obtained depending only on the performance of the software used.

Competing with other similar services, such as Audoir SAM and Melobytes, Boomy already offers the basic functionality of its song generator for free.


Source: Go4IT by www.go4it.ro.

*The article has been translated based on the content of Go4IT by www.go4it.ro. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!