Palpitations, hot or cold sweats, feeling of suffocation or oppression, fear of dying … are all potential signs of a panic attack. Our tips for not letting yourself be overwhelmed.
We focus on our breathing
Easy to say … but not easy to breathe when you have the feeling of running out of air! At the time of the anxiety attack, the important thing is to focus on the exhale.
- Sitting or standing, straighten your back without raising your shoulders and open the rib cage (by bringing the shoulder blades together).
- Breathe in through your nose the time you are capable of (even short) while trying to properly inflate the belly.
- Without waiting, breathe out through the half-open mouth, slowly, as if you were blowing on an embers.
- At the end of the exhalation, try not to breathe for 1 to 3 seconds.
- Inhale again and continue the cycle by favoring a lengthening of the exhalation as you go, without worrying about the inspiration, which will lengthen by itself after a few minutes.
We evacuate the tensions
And also anxiety, heat, negative thoughts and emotions … thanks to an exercise which consists in contracting and then relaxing the muscles.
Sitting or standing, inhale by shrugging your shoulders and clenching your fists. Squeeze all the muscles of the body and face hard (as if to make a face) and keep the air in the lungs for a few seconds. Then breathe hard through your mouth, releasing all the muscles: open your fists, drop your shoulders, relax your face … and try to become aware of the feeling of relaxation throughout your body. Repeat until you feel a calm, staying focused.
On se masse
Very easy to perform, this comforting self-massage frees the chest from chest blockages and feelings of tightness.
- Sitting, back straight, vigorously rub your hands together to warm them up, then place one hand on the sternum at chest level.
- Take a slow, deep breath. When exhaling, exert gentle pressure with the palm of your hand. Repeat 5 to 10 times, increasing the pressure with each exhalation.
- Finish by placing the right hand on the sternum, under the left collarbone, then rub vigorously up to the shoulder back and forth until you feel a sensation of heat.
- Repeat by rubbing the right side with the left hand.
In video: essential oils that relieve anxiety
Some essential oils have a strong anxiolytic power and they are 100% natural. If you are regularly subject to anxiety attacks, you try to always have them with you (in your bag, at work, etc.). We pour a few drops on a handkerchief or breathe it directly into the bottle, for 1 to 2 minutes each time.
Subscribe to the Top Santé Newsletter to receive the latest news for free
Source: Topsante.com by www.topsante.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Topsante.com by www.topsante.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!