At a time when Sisi adheres to diplomacy and dialogue with everyone who violates Egypt’s rights abroad, such as Ethiopia, which threatens the lives of millions of Egyptians in the file of the Renaissance Dam, and also with Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Israel, which exert hostile pressure on Egypt in the files of borders, commercial interests and extensions of foreign policy in the Middle East, he is forced Al-Sisi is brutally brutal in his stances against the Egyptian interior, whether the ordinary citizen is subjected to the whips of high prices, taxes, fees, and wild prices, or opponents through arrests, enforced disappearances, physical liquidation, slow killing in detention and politicized executions, which remove Egypt from the circle of civilized civil societies to a country that lives the law of the jungle.
This abhorrent contradiction between the weakness of the outside, and the arrogance and brutality against the inside, undermines Egypt’s standing and threatens its social stability.
In the context of the brutality of the Sisi Republic, which the media of the military coup daunts, the Sisi government executed, on Sunday, the student Moataz Hassan, after he was accused of attempting to assassinate the former Alexandria security director, Major General Mustafa El-Nimr.
The Egyptian Prisons Authority said in a statement: “The death sentence was carried out at the Appeal Prison in Cairo, in the presence of a member of the Public Prosecution, prison leaders, a forensic doctor, and a cleric, confirming that the body was transferred to the “Zeinhum” morgue, in preparation for handing it over to his family for burial.”
In mid-June 2020, a politicized court headed by the coup judge Mohamed Sherine Fahmy, known for his harsh sentences against political opponents, sentenced Moataz Hassan and two other defendants in the case, Ahmed Abdel Majid Abdel Rahman and Mustafa Tantawi Mahmoud, to death.
The case is known in the media as the “attempted assassination of the Alexandria Security Director.”
The court had issued its decision on January 27, 2020, by sending the case papers to the Mufti regarding the execution of the accused.
From time to time, the coup authorities carry out death sentences against political opponents on charges of violent crimes, but most of the accused denied these charges before the judicial authorities, stressing that their confessions were extracted under severe torture, but no one listened to them.
These developments come while Egyptian and international circles are anxiously awaiting the possibility of carrying out final death sentences against prominent Muslim Brotherhood leaders, which were confirmed a few days ago, in the case of the dispersal of the Rabaa al-Adawiya sit-in, most notably Dr. Abdul Rahman Al Barr and Dr. Mohamed El-Beltagy and Dr. Osama Yassin and Dr. Ahmed Aref and Dr. Safwat Hegazy as a result of their role in the January 2011 revolution and the rejection of the military coup in 2013.
69 Egyptians are on death row
Meanwhile, 69 death row inmates are awaiting execution after exhausting all procedures and stages of the military judiciary’s review of their sentences. According to the Egyptian Network for Human Rights, all of these detainees were subjected to various types of violations; Starting with arbitrary arrest and enforced disappearance for varying periods in secret places of detention, through extracting confessions under torture, and interrogating a large number of them without the presence of a lawyer.
She added that “the violations included the appearance of some of them before military courts and others before the circles of terrorism, leading to the issuance of arbitrary death sentences against them in political cases that hundreds of human rights reports by local and international organizations described as unfair, and did not meet the lowest standards of fair trials.”
Al-Shabaka published a detailed statement of the names of detainees awaiting execution, the dates of their arrest and the sentences handed down against them, in addition to the numbers and names of the cases in which they were accused, as follows:
– 10 detainees were convicted of death on February 20, 2017, before the Egyptian Court of Cassation upheld the verdict in the “Port Said massacre” case.
– Preacher “Fadl Mawla Hosni”, an employee of the Alexandria Journalists Syndicate, who was sentenced to death by the Cairo Criminal Court on June 5, 2016, and then the Court of Cassation confirmed the verdict against him on April 24, 2017, in the Alexandria riots case.
– 6 detainees were sentenced to death in a ruling issued on September 7, 2015, and upheld by the Court of Cassation on June 7, 2017, in the case of killing the guard in Mansoura.
3 detainees were convicted by the Criminal Court of death on June 18, 2016, before the Court of Cassation confirmed the verdict against them on September 16, 2017, in the case of espionage with Qatar.
Six detainees were convicted by the Minya Criminal Court of death on August 7, 2017, in a decision upheld by the Court of Cassation on April 28, 2018, in the “Matay Events” case.
– 3 detainees were convicted by the North Cairo Military Court of death on January 17, 2018, in a decision upheld by the Military Appeals Court on April 1, 2019, in the case of the murder of Wael Tahoun, a police officer.
– The detainee, “Osama Juma’a Ali Daoud,” 36, from Ismailia Governorate, the center of Al-Tal Al-Kabeer, who was convicted by the Ismailia Criminal Court of death on July 16, 2017, before the Court of Cassation confirmed the verdict in January 2019, in the case of killing a person during a march organized in the center of Al-Tal Al-Kabir On July 13, 2013.
Detainee Bakr Mohamed El-Sayed Mohamed Abu Jabal, a French language teacher, who was sentenced to death by the Giza Criminal Court on February 19, 2018, then the Court of Cassation confirmed the verdict against him on June 5, 2019, in the “Osim Cell” case, which witnessed the execution of 10 convicts on October 3, 2020 .
– 7 detainees were convicted by the Cairo Criminal Court of death on October 10, 2017, before the Court of Cassation rejected their appeals in June 2020 in the case of storming the Helwan Police Station.
– 3 detainees were convicted by the Emergency State Security Criminal Court headed by Counselor Military Judge Mohamed Sherine Fahmy, in an unappealable ruling, to death on June 14, 2020, including the student Moataz Mostafa, who was recently executed, in the farcical attempt to assassinate the former Alexandria security director, Major General Mustafa El-Nimr Which led to the death of two of his companions.
– 6 detainees were convicted by the Cairo Criminal Court of death on August 18, 2019, before the Court of Cassation upheld the ruling on September 28, 2020, in the “People’s Committees in Kerdasa” case.
The detainee, “Mahmoud Obada Abd al-Maqsoud Eid,” 25 years old, who was rejected by the Court of Cassation on March 9, 2021, his appeal against the death sentence issued against him.
Six detainees were convicted by the Zagazig Criminal Court of death on September 30, 2020, before the Court of Cassation upheld the verdict on April 13, 2021, in the Helwan Microbus Cell case.
On June 14, 2021, the Court of Cassation upheld the death sentence issued against them in the Rabaa sit-in dispersal case, including “Al-Beltagy”, “Al-Bar”, “Yassin”, “Hegazy”, “Aref”, “Al-Zanati” and “Al-Farmawy” “.
– Engineer Rami Mohamed Shehata, who was sentenced to death by the Emergency State Security Criminal Court in a final judgment on June 21, 2021.
Thus, Egypt stands on a volcano of blood and body parts of young people and political opponents, at a time when the countries of the world stopped the death penalty.
Source: بوابة الحرية والعدالة by fj-p.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of بوابة الحرية والعدالة by fj-p.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!