The quantity allowed in Saudi customs
The amount allowed by Saudi Customs
The General Authority of Customs agreed on all its land, air and sea ports, on the need to implement the new guidelines regarding the quantities allowed to pass through tobacco and its derivatives for personal use, whether through customs or through express transport companies, which are the approved quantities. By the General Administration of Food and Drugs in “the system”, and the instructions stipulated the following:
- The permitted quantity of cigarettes for personal use is 200 cigarettes, and the permitted quantity of other tobacco derivatives is 500 grams.
- With regard to the rules set by the Saudi Customs Authority regarding fees imposed on imported things, this matter is determined according to the quantity of imported goods. For example, if someone buys for 30 hours, it appears that this quantity is intended for a purpose other than personal use, and that it is for a commercial purpose, and this matter requires a group From the details, such as the existence of laws and controls for these quantities, such as the existence of a commercial registry, for example.
- With regard to estimating the imported quantities, whether for personal use or commercial purposes, this estimation depends mainly on the opinion of the customs broker, as this estimation varies from one product to another. For example, if someone buys 8 smartphones, the goal here might seem to be more of a business goal than a personal one, unlike, say, clothing.
- As for the control over customs clearance prices, there is no specific control over a specific product, but it is in the hands of the customs officer, who determines the amount for which customs are paid, depending on whether the product is intended for personal or commercial use.
- The Saudi Customs Authority stated that the previous instructions do not apply to importers registered with the Food and Drug General Authority, while entry to some products continues. This is to ensure the ease of the customs inspection process while traveling to and from the Kingdom.
We also recommend more information to read: Saudi Customs Calculation Method
The procedures followed when evaluating the shipment as a commercial purpose
When the shipment is evaluated by the customs officer as a purpose not for personal use, and that it is for commercial purposes, the postal company with which he contracted informs him that his shipment has been stopped by customs for certain reasons. In this case, the shipper must authorize a reliable customs broker to complete the customs clearance procedures.
We also recommend, for more information, to read: Customs in Saudi Arabia and what are customs duties in Saudi Arabia
Conditions for exempting baggage and gifts from customs
The Saudi Customs Authority has set a set of conditions necessary to exempt personal belongings and gifts that travelers bring with them from customs. These terms are as follows:
- The value of the baggage should not exceed 3000 riyals or its equivalent.
- Baggage or gifts must be for personal use and not for commercial purposes.
- The baggage must not be among the items listed in the checked baggage list.
We also recommend more information to read: Duty-free goods in Saudi Arabia and what are the fees for personal products
Supervision of tobacco shipments through the Saudi customs “corridor”.
The Saudi Customs Authority has established a system to monitor shipments of tobacco arriving in the Kingdom to cross its territory as a transit stage. These controls are as follows:
- The shipment of tobacco and its derivatives must be in a closed container equipped with locks, so that customs seals are placed on it at the entrance and the lock number is recorded in the customs declaration.
- The metal bases of door locks and hinges must be securely attached and cannot be removed.
- The shipment shall be inspected using radiological inspection systems and a manual inspection shall be carried out if necessary.
- GPS devices must be placed on top of containers; To follow its path within the territory of the Kingdom until it crosses the borders of the Kingdom to reach its final destination.
- Collection of a financial guarantee that covers the value of the shipment in addition to the amount of customs duties, the value of excise tax on tobacco products and its derivatives, and the value of value-added tax.
And here we have reached the end of this article after all the information about the amount allowed by Saudi customs and the procedures followed in the case of evaluating the shipment as a commercial purpose, and we know what are the conditions for a personal exemption. Relics and gifts from customs. We hope you liked the article.
Source: موجز مصر by www.mogazmasr.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of موجز مصر by www.mogazmasr.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!