Without sight, our perception of the world and the outside environment would be significantly reduced. In fact, the eyes are the most important analyzer, without which we could not take as much information
You may also be interested in: Valeriu Gheorghiță, about the vaccination scheme of c …
from the outside.
Although sometimes we are not aware of the importance of sight, because we are used to having this ability, the eyes are very important, fragile, sensitive.
Fascinating things about eyes and sight
Dr. Vasi Rădulescu, a famous Romanian doctor, reveals some fascinating things about eyes and sight on his page Facebook.
1. The eyes are the most important analyzer, taking the largest amount of information from the environment.
You may also be interested in: How many more waves will we face? Europe, from n …
2. Two types of cells turn the excitation given by photons into nerve impulses: those with rods are responsible for black and white vision and in low light conditions, and those with cones are behind color vision.
3. The finest muscles are in the eyes, they adapt the lens.
4. The image is projected twisted on the retina, then reoriented by the visual cortex in the occipital area.
5. We only perceive light between 300 and 700 nanometers in the electromagnetic spectrum.
7. The brain is responsible for much of the vision. We see practically with the brain. So
You may also be interested in: Archdiocese of Iasi, reaction in the case of priests …
point 8 is also explained.
8. In Charles Bonnet syndrome, when vision is significantly affected, the brain tries to compensate for losses and produces complex visual hallucinations.
9. The eyes are important not only for sight. In them we have cells that, once impressed by photons, transmit signals to a melatonin-regulatory system, involved in regulating the circadian rhythm. Light stimulation decreases melatonin production and helps us enter the waking side. Darkness causes melatonin production and we go to sleep.
10. We forget much of what we see. Cantity of
You may also be interested in: “We can’t avoid wave 5.” Alexandru Rafila exp …
information is simply too much, and the brain has nothing to do with it. Forgetting is a purely physiological process (up to a point, because there is also pathological forgetting – see Alzheimer’s disease).
11. Most children have blue eyes at birth. When melanin production begins, the iris usually pigments and darkens in color.
12. The visual fields of each eye overlap. However, we do not see double. The answer lies in the brain, which integrates images and corrects any shortcomings.
13. Bright and colorful environments increase productivity and good mood.
You may also be interested in: We still have a country like this! A Belgian doctor in …
It is important to expose ourselves to light during the day and to get a good night’s sleep.
13. You tend to read something based on the recognition of some word forms: 4C3ST M354J 4R4T4 CL4R C4…
14. Surprisingly, there are people who can smell colors, see tastes, taste sounds. It’s called synesthesia.
15. The eyes keep the same size throughout life.
16. The iris has over 200 unique characteristics in each individual. Hence the recognition systems based on iris scanning.
17. A man blinks an average of 12 times a minute. I think you blinked when you read that.
The information presented on this website is for information purposes only and does not replace the medical diagnosis or the product leaflet.
Any decision about your health should only be made after consultation with your doctor.
Source: DoctorulZilei by www.doctorulzilei.ro.
*The article has been translated based on the content of DoctorulZilei by www.doctorulzilei.ro. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!