The latest X1 Carbon 10th Gen, X1 Yoga 7th Gen and X1 Nano 2nd Gen models further push the boundaries of ThinkPad’s timeless design and excellent engineering. They are optimized for hybrid work and professionals looking for higher levels of performance.
The newly designed communication line features a state-of-the-art camera and 360-degree surround microphones to complement the great OLED display image and a range of Dolby technologies, including Dolby Voice® with the latest noise cancellation solution, for an exemplary audio-visual experience and collaboration. The new ThinkPad X1, powered by the latest Intel vPro® platform with 12th generation Intel® Core processors and Windows 11, offers robust ThinkShield protection njuje complemented by new Computer Vision (CV) technology. CV represents a major improvement in user presence, offering smarter privacy, easier sign-in, and better power management.
A bold new desktop computer also innovates ThinkCentre M90a Pro Gen 3 All-in-One (AIO), which is also equipped with new features for collaboration and privacy. The updated computer also received technological innovations and updates TIO Flex, which already in 2014 plowed the furrow with the design of a modular business desktop computer. Lenovo is also presenting new ones at CES ThinkVision P series 27-inch computer monitors that bring even more desktops and features to boost efficiency and productivity in the office or home environment. A ThinkVision modular add-on is also available for them Voice-over-IP (VOIP) Modular Stack, consisting of a camera and a speaker designed for a seamless collaboration solution.
“Most likely” the best business laptop has become even better
ThinkPad laptops are an icon among computers, as they have been a relentless pursuit of perfection for 30 years.
ThinkPad X1 Carbon has reached a milestone as we present already 10th generation, which continues to offer everything a modern businessman would need; 7th Generation ThinkPad X1 Yoga with a machined premium aluminum design, it is an elegant and powerful notebook. All models feature built-in 12th-generation Intel Core P-Series processors that offer a significant leap in performance, including our flagship and still lightest ThinkPad to date, weighing less than a kilogram 2nd generation ThinkPad X1 Nano.
A key design feature of the newcomers is the new communication bar, which brings improved full-resolution webcam options, aperture for privacy and 360-degree surround microphones. Such a design allowed the installation of a camera with a larger sensor than is commonly found in laptops. The 1.4 µm sensor increases image quality, especially in low light conditions.
The new Computer Vision technology, available in select models of the latest ThinkPad X1, uses a Neural Processing Unit (NPU) that generates metadata from the integrated camera based on known recognition and modeling using an artificial intelligence-enabled algorithm. This technology offers smarter human presence detection, as it recognizes people and their intention to use a personal computer, unlike a passing colleague in the office or a cat in the home environment, so the laptop will wake up and unlock only when it recognizes the user. The solution works even when the user wears a protective mask over his face. To save energy, Computer Vision can also turn off or dim the screen when the user looks away, which improves energy efficiency and adds an extra layer of privacy when working in public places.
Further improvements address the critical needs of the hybrid workforce in terms of performance, user experience, connectivity and security. These are the key innovations:
- The latest 12th generation Intel Core processors with Intel vPro, including the U15 and P28.
- Windows 11 Pro is a new generation operating system and brings a new user experience.
- Faster LPDDR5 memory and PCIe Gen 4 data storage interface reduce system-level delays.
- The new keyboard design of the X1 Carbon and X1 Yoga improves laptop cooling.
- User experience:
- Vibrant colors, including a new 2.8k OLED display for X1 Carbon and 4K OLED for X1 Yoga, and Eyesafe technology to protect against harmful blue light.
- New camera with 1.4µm full HD sensor and Computer Vision technology.
- A range of Dolby multimedia technologies, including Dolby Atmos® sound system, Dolby Vision® display technologies and Dolby Voice with artificial intelligence noise cancellation technology, also available in the X1 Nano notebook.
- Connectivity and security:
- Wi-Fi 6E is now available for better bandwidth in congested networks, and when Wi-Fi is not available, users can opt for Cat16 4G LTE or 5G sub-6 WWAN connections.
- ThinkShield Firmware Resiliency 2.0 further enhances security by extending security, detection, and recovery capabilities.
- Computer Vision improves user presence, simplifies login, and improves privacy.
- ThinkPad X1 laptops support the ability to locate your laptop for up to 14 days, even when it’s turned off.
“ThinkPad X1 laptops are the pinnacle of our design and engineering skills. Providing continuous innovation over the past 30 years to delight our loyal fans requires dedication and focus, as well as great partners like Intel, ”said Jerry Paradise, vice president of computing and smart devices at Lenovo, adding:“ We are very proud to our commitment to delivering the most advanced and powerful ultra-portable computers to our customers. ”
“We are extremely proud to have been an integral part of the birth of ThinkPad and to help revolutionize the personal computing landscape. Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Nano, X1 Carbon and X1 Yoga, developed with Intel, meet Intel Evo requirements through Intel’s hardware specifications and key goals of providing responsiveness, instant wake-up, battery life, fast charging and intelligent collaboration, ”said Josh Newman, director of mobile innovation at Intel.
The future of the desktop is flexible
At first glance, it is new ThinkCentre M90a Pro Gen 3 just an updated state-of-the-art business desktop. However, the new M90a introduces new features that elevate it into an intelligent productive and collaborative computer. It is powered by 12th generation Intel Core processors (up to the i9 model) on Intel’s Q670 platform with vPro technology, and has a built-in 23.8-inch QHD screen, up to 64 GB of DDR5 memory, plenty of storage options and many connectors. Unusually for the computer, it also has HMDI 2.0 and DisplayPort interfaces, which allow the connection of a second screen and a fully functional stand, including the ability to rotate 90 degrees. The integration of conference and security technologies sets it apart from the competition:
- The M90a Pro Gen 3 has a built-in tilt camera with two microphones and a pair of 3W speakers for a great video conferencing experience.
- A dedicated conference call stand is available at an additional cost, equipped with four surround microphones that capture sound in all directions and feature noise cancellation technology. The sound shelf also has four speakers developed by Harman Kardon and transforms the M90a into a true conference system. The computer is also optimized for working with the Microsoft Teams application, while the built-in USB Type-C cable can be used to connect a laptop and turn an office into a meeting room.
- The M90a Pro Gen 3 can also be equipped with Intel® Context Sensing Technology, which wakes up the system when it detects the user’s presence and locks it automatically when it moves away from the computer.
- Intel® GNA noise cancellation technology eliminates ambient noise during video conferencing.
- The M90a Pro Gen 3 is built on the Intel vPro platform, and 12th-generation processors deliver the high performance and new features, security, performance stability and management capabilities expected by IT.
In 2014, Lenovo once again strengthened the field of desktops in many ways with the introduction of the modular Tiny-in-One PC. With the presentation of the new TIO Flex, the company focused on a complete value offering for customers, which reduces complexity for both office staff and teleworkers. Support for the last four generations of Tiny desktops and new monitors is provided, as Flex offers easy upgrade options – even separately, e.g. just upgrade your desktop or screen. Modularity consists of three parts:
- The TIO Flex Stand is a sleek solution for all compatible Tiny desktops and ThinkVision monitors.
- The ThinkCentre Tiny desktop computer is available at an additional cost. The TIO Flex Stand supports Tiny Gen 4 to Gen 8 computers.
- ThinkVision T monitors with 22, 24 and 27 inch screen diagonals with or without VoIP functionality are also supported.
- Additionally, a VESA 100 × 100 wall mount interface is available to make monitor installation even easier.
TIO Flex is easy to install, easy to service and offers a flexible and intuitive upgrade option that is an investment in the future.
ThinkVision hybrid monitors
Traditional office space is gaining new meaning, the transition to hybrid work is becoming faster. Users are looking for technology that allows them flexibility between office and home. The ThinkVision brand listens to customers and the new generation of professional P-Series monitors has been designed with modular flexibility, digital well-being and durability in mind.
ThinkVision P27h-30 in P27q-30 they are near-borderless monitors, and the 27-inch screens display a picture of QHD resolution and vivid color as they are factory calibrated for high color accuracy. In addition, they have:
- Color scale coverage: 95% DCI-P3, 99% sRGB, BT.709 color and HDR10 support.
- The ergonomics of the monitors are excellent, as they are equipped with fully adjustable bases, while the technology of natural low blue light relieves eye strain during long work sessions.
- The ThinkVision P27 series includes durable paper packaging with a cellulose cushion.
- Connectivity is provided through multiple interfaces, and the user experience is simplified with ThinkColour software for smart and easier monitor management.
Monitors P27h-30 and P27q-30 differ depending on the intended use. The first is designed for a flexible work environment that requires a fast laptop connection with a single cable, as the P27h-30 also provides up to 100 W of charging power for connected devices, Ethernet connection, USB hub and multi-display support, while the P27h-30 is ideal for home office and adds the KVM10 switch option for advanced users for easy switching between computer interfaces.
Both monitors in the P-30 family also support a video conferencing extension. Appendix ThinkVision VoIP Modular Stack offers a unique wireless conferencing solution that includes a new MC60 Monitor Webcam, an MS30 Monitor Soundbar and a smart USB stand that plugs directly into a USB port on top of the P-30 monitor. The add-on thus enables as many as three usage scenarios, depending on the needs of users:
- The Modular Soundbar (MS30) with USB audio conference stand has two built-in speakers for clear sound and a lock for physical protection.
- The Modular Webcam (MC60) with USB base captures full HD images and features autofocus technology, as well as two built-in noise-canceling microphones. The MC60 user can choose from a variety of 65-, 78- or 90-degree wide angles, and the camera is also equipped with a privacy screen.
- The MC60 Webcam and MS30 Soundbar, together with a USB stand, are a cable-free audio-video conferencing solution that provides a clean workplace in a business or home environment.
Prices and availability:
The ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 10 is expected to be available in May 2022.
The ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 7 is expected to be available in May 2022.
The ThinkPad X1 Nano Gen 2 is expected to be available in May 2022.
The ThinkVision P27q-30 and P27h-30 are expected to be available in July and August 2022, respectively.
The ThinkVision VOIP Modular Stack is expected to be available in June 2022.
The ThinkCentre M90a Gen 3 Pro is expected to be available in July 2022.
TIO Flex is expected to be available in July 2022.
The prices of the products will be known when they are sold on the Slovenian market.
Source: Računalništvo, telefonija – Računalniške novice by racunalniske-novice.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Računalništvo, telefonija – Računalniške novice by racunalniske-novice.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!