The judge sends the accused of the Igualada rape to provisional prison and charges him with attempted murder

The judge of Igualada (Barcelona) has decreed this Saturday provisional prison without bail for the 21-year-old man arrested as the alleged perpetrator of the sexual assault on a 16-year-old minor in an industrial estate in the town in the early hours of the past 1 of November after leaving a nightclub.

As reported by the Superior Court of Justice of Catalonia (TSJC), the head of the Court number 4 of Igualada has made this decision after the statement of the young detainee, who has only answered the questions of his lawyer. The judge charged him with the crimes of sexual assault and attempted murder.

The Mossos d’Esquadra, after five months of complex investigation, arrested the suspect at dawn last Thursday, and they also searched his home in the center of Igualada for more than six hours. The key to the investigations will be the DNA, either if any remains of the victim have been left on the clothes that the suspect has in her home, or if the detainee’s samples are compatible with those found on the minor’s body after the violation.

The investigators practically started from scratch: the victim hardly remembered anything due to the multiple injuries inflicted by her assailant, not only of a sexual nature, but also the result of being beaten with a metal bar.

The Central Unit for Sexual Assaults (UCAS) of the Mossos d’Esquadra, attached to the Criminal Investigation Division, viewed the content of the security cameras around the Epic nightclub where the young woman was with some friends and from the polygon Les Comes, where a truck driver found her unconscious, with a strong head injury, after the sexual assault.

In their investigation, the agents found a blurred image that gave them clues, in a case in which they have also spent many hours on guard duty around the area where the victim was located, looking for any clues. Beyond the importance of searching the house of the detainee, with the aim of finding evidentiary material that supports the indications of him, the investigators are convinced that throughout their investigations they have been able to accumulate sufficient evidence to incriminate the suspect.

Agents from the Central Sexual Assault Unit, who during all these months have remained in permanent contact with the victim and her family, went to the girl’s home early on Thursday to notify her in person that they were going to arrest the suspect. It is one of the objectives of the UCAS, a police unit created with the double mission of carrying out investigations into this type of aggression and, at the same time, accompanying the victims in this complex process often given to re-victimization.

After the sexual assault, the girl remained hospitalized for more than a month after suffering a severe head injury, with hearing loss in one ear, and several internal tears that have left significant sequelae. After more than five surgeries, the minor is still undergoing medical treatment, to the point that a few days ago she had to be re-admitted to the Sant Joan de Déu Hospital in Barcelona due to the consequences of the injuries she suffered during the sexual assault.

Source: – by

*The article has been translated based on the content of – by If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!