Her name is Arnold and is a donkey.
– The vet saw wrong when she was born and thought she was a boy but I did not change her name. You can be a girl and your name is Arnold, says Arnold’s owner Ann-Sofie Sommerdahl laughing.
She has nine donkey friends and three of them are the same age as her. Arnold used to run around chasing the other donkeys and doing arts in the air. She also liked to take walks in the woods and fool around.
But she has not done so since the fire in Kagghamra.
– She has been hanging her head against a wall completely apathetic with muscle aches, diarrhea and had a life-threatening high fever, says Ann-Sofie.
The fire in Kagghamra
The day before Christmas Eve, unsorted construction waste started burning in Kagghamra and the smoke spread. The extinguishing work is estimated to take eight weeks. Botkyrka municipality then wrote on its website that there are relatively high levels of pollutants in the smoke.
The smoke is dangerous but the investigation into the content of the smoke is not complete. But they also write that it will not provide lasting harm to health. Something that Arnold has actually received because of the content of the smoke.
– This is probably Sweden’s worst environmental disaster, the authorities and the County Administrative Board and the municipality do not know what to do, says Ann-Sofie.
Botkyrka municipality updates its website with questions and answers regarding the fire.
Ann-Sofie says that Arnold’s fever has gone down and she spent a few days in a horse hospital where she received care.
She has had a heavy metal poisoning and it is not known which heavy metals it is. It is also not known if the fever can suddenly rise again.
– The worst thing is that you do not know when it happens again, when the metal goes out into the body again. I do not know if it will be a lifetime and this can happen to anyone at any time, even people, says Ann-Sofie.
She hopes that Arnold will be an eye opener because she has shown clear symptoms of flue gases.
Ann-Sofie talks about what she thinks for Arnold’s future.
– We have sent samples to Germany, both blood samples and urine samples. We are waiting for an answer, they will look for substance after substance and it is not certain that you can find it in the blood, it can be in tissues and organs, she says.
May increase mental illness
Arnold’s owners think that the authorities must be faster with measures to protect the civilian population. She also believes that this can affect people’s mental health because they do not know what will happen after the fire in the future.
But she herself has not had time to reflect on the situation.
– I do not have time to sit down and be shocked, one fine day I might as well sit down and wonder God, where are we going now, this may not go so well, says Ann-Sofie.
Sweet Shock: Cute things animals actually do
Quiz: Can you have the strange animal as a pet?
List: Here are the world’s deadliest animals
Source: nyheter24.se by nyheter24.se.
*The article has been translated based on the content of nyheter24.se by nyheter24.se. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!