The inscription “Death to Serbs” on a car with the license plate Valjevo in Budva, the message “Serbs on willows” over a billboard with the image of the mayor of Herceg Novi Stevan Katic, offensive graffiti on the house of the Ilic family in Novi, are a series of incidents that followed the desecration of the Church of St. Nikola in Kotor.
Professor of the Belgrade Faculty of Political Sciences, Caslav Koprivica, noting that it is not grateful to assess whether this is an organized campaign, says for “Vesti” that these incidents are a consequence of what was sown during the decades-long rule of Milo Djukanovic.
– In addition to crime, the foundation of his government is the fabrication of divisions, based on Serbophobia, manifested as hostility towards those in Montenegro who declare themselves as Serbs and towards Serbs from Serbia – our interlocutor explains and adds that unpleasant events can be understood as a kind of message Serbophobe Milo Đukanović that, after the loss of executive power, they did not give up.
Koprivica points out that the foundation of the DPS’s, as he calls it, “false identity of Serbophobes” should be understood as an extension of the virtual civil war that Milo Djukanovic insists on by creating an artificial division between Serbs and Montenegrins, although it is historically known that all Montenegrins were Serbs. .
Historian Aleksandar Raković points out for “Vesti” that the anti-Serbian hysteria through the media under the control of Milo Đukanović dates back to 1997, emphasizing that when something lasts so long, it gives very poisonous fruits.
– We remember that last crucial election year there was a lot of sown hatred of Djukanovic’s followers and the new Ustasha policy, which is not a product of fiction, but is realistic. It will not disappear in the near future. It is a process and it takes time for the Serbophobia of Djukanovic’s supporters to fall – Rakovic explains.
Behind the events in Herceg Novi is Milo Djukanovic’s DPS with helpers, claims the coalition “Neither left nor right. Direction New ”.
– They are trying with all their might to bring quarrels and intolerance into the peaceful city of Herceg Novi, in which they can best manage and survive politically – they say and point out that the handwriting is clear, because chauvinistic and racist messages are characteristic of the most radical nationalist structures such as Milo Djukanovic’s party. .
The Prime Minister of Montenegro, Zdravko Krivokapić, demanded adequate punishments for the perpetrators of the desecration of the Kotor church, who insanely urinated on the front door of the temple and insulted on a national basis, addressed to the wife of the priest Nemanja Krivokapić.
– I strongly condemn the uncivilized behavior of individuals who continue the policy based on divisions, hatred and anti-Orthodox hysteria – he said via Twitter and called on the authorities to react to the “disgusting act”.
The Metropolitanate of Montenegro and the Littoral also condemned the desecration of the temple in Kotor, estimating that the perpetrators are a consequence of aggressive and extremist rhetoric, which has been spreading with impunity against the Serbian Orthodox Church in Montenegro for decades.
– The Church of St. Nicholas, and probably the much older Church of St. Luke, besides it, have not remembered this relationship in their history. Many ill-intentioned people passed by her. Among them are a large number of those who came as soldiers of the enemy armies, but no one dared to do the same, on Easter, the most solemn day of that church – the MOC points out.
The leader of Prava Crne Gore, Marko Milačić, characterized the perpetrators of the shameful incident in front of the Kotor church as “splačine”, and called on the authorities to urgently prosecute these “people” for inciting hatred.
Disgusting lies against the Serbian Orthodox Church
The Metropolitanate of Montenegro and the Littoral points to the arsenal of the most vile lies, labels and manipulations about the Serbian Orthodox Church, which individuals, some organizations and their media outlets repeat.
– The parties of the former regime and their satellite organizations are in the lead, led by the president of the strongest of those parties – they say in the MCP and warn that “madness in Montenegro has started to take unimaginable forms of church phobia and Serbophobia”. Both types, as they add, are expressed in the most brutal way in the deeds and words of the perpetrators of the week in Kotor.
Source: Vesti online by www.vesti-online.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Vesti online by www.vesti-online.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!