the cause of the gas explosion in Yelets is named

Three people, including a child, became victims of a gas explosion in a residential building near Yelets. In total, there were 25 people in the building. According to preliminary data, equipment malfunction was the cause of the explosion. Now in place parsing of rubble continues… And as the governor of the Lipetsk region Igor Artamonov said, the damaged house will be demolished, and people will receive new housing.

Search and rescue operation completed… Rescuers from under the collapsed interfloor ceilings pulled out the third victim as a result of an explosion of household gas. He was found thanks to the canine service.

At night, under the rubble, they found bodies of an 11-year-old girl and a woman born in 1971… Eight more residents of the destroyed house were hospitalized in the Yelets emergency hospital. Their condition is now stable. Explosion occurred at one in the morning.

Judging by the nature of the damage, the epicenter of the explosion was on the first floor. Four apartments were completely destroyed. The remaining residents were evacuated for the duration of the rescue operations. A team of rescuers manually along a chain dismantled the ruins. Their work is coordinated by the operational headquarters.

Special equipment was sent here from the regional center. In total, 250 people and 37 pieces of equipment are involved in the accident site. Investigators also began their work. The Regional Investigative Committee opened a criminal case.

“The alleged version of the explosion is a malfunction of the gas equipment. The Department of the Investigative Committee has opened a criminal case under part 2 of Article 138 of the Criminal Code. The prosecution authorities have taken control of the investigation,” said the district prosecutor, senior counselor of justice Stanislav Zhivalov.

This house was built in 1970. Each apartment has been installed gas boilers. The explosion destroyed the load-bearing walls, interfloor ceilings. There is a threat of collapse of the surviving entrance.

“Every year checks are carried out. Nothing has been revealed,” – a local resident denies the possibility of equipment malfunction.

Residents are not allowed inside the building. Rescuers carry their documents and personal belongings out of their apartments. All victims of this tragedy will be provided with temporary housing. They will also be paid material compensation.

“It was decided to allocate a million each to all affected families – half a million each,” says Igor Artamonov, Governor of the Lipetsk Region.

Examinations will be carried out to establish the exact cause of the gas leak.


Source: Вести.Ru by www.vesti.ru.

*The article has been translated based on the content of Вести.Ru by www.vesti.ru. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!