The burning of three houses in Anwara caused a loss of Tk 12 lakh

Photo: Daily Rights

Three houses were set on fire at Shraddha Para in Bar Aulia Ward 8 of Raipur Union in Anwara Upazila of Chittagong, causing a loss of Tk 12 lakh.

The fire broke out at 3pm on Wednesday (February 24). According to the victims, the fire started from a short circuit of electricity.

Eyewitness P. Naeem Uddin said, on Wednesday morning at 3 o’clock from the short circuit of electricity in Bar Aulia Shraddha Para. Hashem (40) and the house caught fire at the moment. Forkan (50) and Abdul Mannan (38) also spread in the house. Although the fire was brought under control due to the efforts of the locals, 3 houses were burnt to ashes.

The victim said. Hasmat said that when all the members of the family caught fire while they were asleep, the fire spread within a moment and three houses were burnt to ashes. The fire caused an estimated loss of Tk 12 lakh. The fire is believed to have started from a short circuit in electricity. However, no fire service team came to the spot.

Local chairman Jane Alam said the families affected by the fire were living inhumane lives. They need help.


Source: ODHIKAR by www.odhikar.news.

*The article has been translated based on the content of ODHIKAR by www.odhikar.news. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!