Balila is one of the useful foods that we can serve at home in different ways. The concept of balila differs from one country to another, for example, in the Levant it is prepared from chickpeas, while in Egypt it is prepared from local wheat; In this article, we will learn how to prepare the Hijazi balila.
How to prepare Hijazi Balila
- 100 grams of chopped cucumber.
- 80 grams of beetroot.
- 40g coarsely grated carrots.
- 30 grams of chili.
- 20 grams of powdered chili.
- 40 grams of black vinegar, mixed with half a cup of water.
- 60 grams of salt.
- One kilo (1000 grams) of chickpeas.
How to prepare
- We put chickpeas in water for 12 to 15 hours in clean water, changing the water every 3 hours.
- We drain the chickpeas from the water very well, then put them in the pot on a low heat, taking into account the removal of the foam periodically (very important). Then pour a cup of cold water over the chickpeas. Repeat a few times to get rid of all the foam.
- Leave the chickpeas for two hours on a quiet fire for two hours until the settlement process is completely done and becomes soft
- Add salt and leave on the fire for an additional hour.
- After three full hours, remove the chickpeas from the fire and then carry out the filtering process and put them in a deep saucepan.
- Then add both the cucumber and carrots, then dilute the vinegar with water and mix the chili with it, then pour them over the chickpeas, stir the ingredients together and then serve.
And get the most delicious taste of chickpeas for you and your family.
Source: مصر فايف by misr5.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of مصر فايف by misr5.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!