The ABC of survival guide on frost and blizzard snow. Romanian doctor. “Warning, real shocks are coming…”
ANM announced a drastic change in the weather, with blizzard snow, frost and temperatures below 0 degrees. Doctor Tudor Ciuhodaru published on his personal Facebook page a “Guide to surviving in the cold season”.
In the guide published by the doctor, he tells us how we can avoid hypothermia and where we are safest during this period. Also, according to him, clothing is also important.
„ANM alert: blizzard snow and heavy frost. (Small) guide to survival in the cold season – on the street, in the car or at home. Beware, hypothermia is a silent killer. There are real thermal shocks for many of us and the risk of myocardial infarction increases by 2% for each drop of one degree Celsius of the outside temperature.
What you need to know (until the Ciuhodaru law on health education is adopted by the Romanian Parliament):
The ABC of survival guide on frost and blizzard snow
A. In open spaces:
1. Avoid morning or night travel when temperatures are extremely low.
2. Avoid prolonged exposure to cold. Alternate exposure with rest in heated areas such as public institutions, shops, gas stations, railway stations.
3. Wear thick, moisture-resistant clothing that protects your head, face, and hands to prevent heat loss and light footwear that does not impede limb movement and is well insulated from water. The best gloves are those that allow the fingers to move together.
4. Wet clothes must be changed immediately and resting in the cold leads to the rapid installation of frostbite.
5. Cold working periods should be alternated with rest in heated areas.
6. Avoid prolonged immobilization.
7. Drink warm liquids.
8. DO NOT travel alone at night, in isolated areas, especially on blizzards or frost. There is a risk of getting lost or injured and being isolated in the cold.
9. DO NOT leave children alone in the car.
10. DO NOT drink alcohol.
B. In the car. If you are a driver and traveling a long way:
1. Remember to have fluids for 24 hours, food as well as chronic medication.
2. It is good to have blankets or other extra means in the car to ensure heating.
3. And in these cases it is good to avoid prolonged immobilization and to ensure at least a minimum physical activity.
4. DO NOT drive without filling the tank as at an average hourly consumption of 1 liter of petrol / diesel a full tank of 40-50 liters can ensure that the car is heated for at least one day.
5. DO NOT leave the car if it is a blizzard and you cannot specify the distance to the shelter because you can get lost and the hypothermia sets in much faster in windy and humid conditions.
C. In closed spaces (housing, workplace):
1. Maintain a temperature of at least 21 degrees (prolonged exposure to low temperatures, at rest and inadequate clothing may cause hypothermia)
2. Eat properly and avoid alcohol or excessive sedatives.
3. Check the condition of the elderly through regular visits or at least give them a phone call.
4. Periodically check the operation of the heating source (central heating, stove, stove).
5. Do not heat the stove or leave the heating sources (stoves) unattended during the night.
The ABC of survival guide on frost and blizzard snow. Remember:
1. Hypothermia is a silent killer.
2. Almost half of the cases of hypothermia are associated with alcohol consumption.
3. DO NOT leave children alone in the car.4. The risk of myocardial infarction increases by 2% for each decrease by one degree Celsius of the outside temperature “, wrote Tudor Ciuhodaru.
Source: Doctorul Zilei by www.doctorulzilei.ro.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Doctorul Zilei by www.doctorulzilei.ro. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!