The 83rd hospital director who was caught by the ‘no-nothing’ military security service… It’s a cold corpse…

It is reported that the director of Hospital No. 83, who was arrested by the military security bureau in 2016, died after two years of detention. /Graphic = Daily NK

The Military Security Bureau (former Security Command), which constantly monitors high-ranking North Korean officials, is regarded as an unstoppable presence in North Korea. It has a separate brigade management unit and a detention center under its umbrella, and has the authority to not only conduct basic inspections, but also to find and deal with problem officials.

In October 2018, a corpse, rolled up in black cloth and covered in linen, was found outside the brigade of the Military Security Bureau. The person who came out of prison with a cold corpse was Mr. Baek (male, 57 years old at the time), the director of No. 83 No. 1 Hospital (current No. 104 Hospital).

Hospital No. 83 in North Korea is a place where various biological experiments are conducted on sick patients among inmates who have been deprived of their civil rights. It is also called Kwanliso No. 83. In fact, most North Koreans perceive this as a kwanliso, but North Korea is disguised as a hospital to avoid criticism from the international community for human rights violations.

In early October 2016, when he was in his fourth year in power, Kim Jong-un, who received a “recent report on anti-party behavior against the 83rd Hospital and the Director of the 83rd Hospital” posted by a person in charge of the National Security Agency, handed this document over to the head of the military security bureau. It was entrusted to the State Security Agency to handle the case.

At that time, Kim Jong-un was busy with the national nuclear force strengthening project in order to solidify his power base, so he could not afford to worry about this. Moreover, since this issue should not be leaked outside, Kim decided that it would be better for Kim Jong-un to entrust it to the Military Security Bureau rather than the Ministry of National Security or People’s Security (currently Social Security).

The crime of the hospital director, Mr. Baek, is that he mismanaged patients who entered the hospital, resulting in 15 fugitives in one year. It was said that it caused a scandal that created anxiety.

In particular, Baek asks the security agency, which points out the responsibility of the hospital director, whenever such an incident occurs. I am the only one who has it, so please close your eyes on that kind of work.”

In accordance with Kim Jong-un’s mandate, the military security bureau labeled Baek a ‘dangerous person’ and arrested him the very next night and imprisoned him in a brigade management unit of the military security bureau.

After that, the harsh torture against Mr. Baek began. For the first year, torture continued, such as not sleeping at night, writing down his career hundreds of times a day for 10 hours a day, and standing with his back bent in a cage for two hours a day.

Security officers of the Military Security Bureau brigade management team scolded Baek, who endured such harsh torture, saying, “Ordinary people already have their heads spinning or dying, but they seem to have eaten all the good things while conducting biological experiments.”

For the next year, in order to erase all his memories, he put a hose in his nose and watered him with strange drugs for an hour a day. Baek, who had been darkened and lost his mind dozens of times, said that living was more painful, and begged the security guards to “kill him.”

Then one day, an officer of the military security bureau went out to inspect the brigchang management unit. This executive stood in front of Mr. Baek, who was imprisoned in a solitary cell, and left a meaningful statement saying, “Tomorrow, everything will be decided.”

And the next day, Mr. Baek was blindfolded and dragged somewhere in a black truck. The destination was an indoor execution site. The military security bureau put Mr. Baek in a room with a view through a glass wall and watched the executed inmates for an hour before taking him back to his original cell.

Afterwards, the military security bureau told Baek to “remember the place where you worked so far and write only the truth.” Then he spit out the words, “I should remember it well and write it down and go out.” Only then did Baek realize that the truth they wanted was not that they had been systematically tested in a hospital, but rather fabricated content.

In the end, Mr. Baek wrote a statement that Hospital 83 was a general neurology hospital that treats psychiatric disorders, and had ten fingers crossed. He stated the false information as the truth with the slightest hope that he would be able to go out if he did, but in the end he was poisoned by the Military Security Bureau. It had only been two years since he was detained.

The tragic end of the person in charge of conducting the secret biological experiment according to the instructions of his predecessors left a bitter taste in the fearsome government of terror that no loyal executive was an exception.

Source: DailyNK by

*The article has been translated based on the content of DailyNK by If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!