October every year around the world, Cyber Security Awareness Month is celebrated as Stating that attacks are increasing in many areas from online banking applications to social media accounts in the digital world, where cyber attackers are developing their attack methods day by day, Laykon Informatics Operations Director Alev Akkoyunlu warns users by listing 6 cyber fraud methods that can be encountered on the internet for Cyber Security Awareness Month.
Cyber fraud is fraudulent methods carried out on the internet. scammers, phishing emails, social media, SMS on your mobile messagesThey can use numerous methods such as fake tech support phone calls, fake shopping sites and more. The main purpose of such scams can be credit card theft, theft of user login and password information, or even identity theft.
Here are 6 cyber fraud methods
1. Social Media Scams: Social media scams are the various posts you’ll see in your news feeds. All of this is done to get you to click on a link that could potentially contain malware. Most of the time, you can encounter sponsored fake ads on Twitter or private messages on Instagram.
2. Fake Shopping Sites: Using sophisticated designs, cyber crooks can create and publish fake retailer websites that look real or that copy existing retailer websites. Fake shopping sites can offer deals that are too good to be true. For example, you can find popular clothing brands and expensive electronics at very low prices.
3. Social Engineering Scam: Social engineering is a way for cybercriminals to use human-to-human interaction to enable the user to disclose sensitive information. Because social engineering is based on human nature and emotional responses, attackers have many ways to trick you online and offline. In this method, information that is not harmful at first glance, such as your home address, the name of your children, your pet, and the city you were born in, that you share publicly can be used.
4. Fake Phone Apps: This method, also called mobile scam, can take many forms, but the most common are phishing applications. These apps are designed to look real, just like phishing emails. It does exactly the same thing but instead of emails, malware is infected with a fake app. Your sensitive data like passwords, photos, and information from banking apps stored on your phone will be affected.
5. Phishing: In phishing attacks, the most common cyber scam today, hackers try to trick users by sending phishing emails. In these emails, a cybercriminal tries to trick you into believing that you normally do business or log into a trusted website, such as a government agency. This can be a bank, government agency, social media account, an online shopping website, travel site, and more.
6. Unexpected Prize Scam: This type of scam falls under the category of phishing. The email or message may claim to have won a large sum of money, a free trip to an exotic place, or some other great prize. To claim your ride or earnings, the message says you only need to pay a few small fees.
Source: Teknolojioku Rss by www.teknolojioku.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Teknolojioku Rss by www.teknolojioku.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!