Suara.com – Thunderstorms accompanied by heavy rains claimed lives in India. For that, it is important for us to know first aid for lightning strikes.
Reported by ANTARA, nearly 70 people died and others were injured after thunderstorms hit the states of Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
The death toll in Uttar Pradesh on Monday rose to 42 people, while seven others died in Madhya Pradesh and at least 20 people died in Rajasthan on Sunday (11/7), according to media reports.
Officials from the Uttar Pradesh Disaster Control Room in the capital Lucknow confirmed by telephone that 42 of the dead were from 17 districts of Uttar Pradesh.
Also Read: Nearly 70 people were killed by lightning in a day, India is in mourning again
“Many people lost their lives due to lightning strikes in a number of districts in Rajasthan. This is very sad. I extend my deepest condolences to the families of the victims,” Prime Minister Narendra Modi wrote on Twitter.
Meanwhile launch Alodokter, d Velika Devina said there are a number of first aids that can be done when struck by lightning, including:
- Ensure that the situation is safe for the rescuer when going to help the victim, because if the situation is dangerous, the rescuer should not help and immediately call for the help of an expert medical team;
- When it is safe, avoid touching the patient and stand at least 6 meters apart;
- Calling for medical help by asking for help from other people around you;
- Ensure the victim’s awareness and check whether the victim’s pulse is still there or not, if there is no pulse, immediately perform basic life support in the form of cardiac massage (CPR) without giving rescue breaths until a more skilled team arrives;
- Try not to get the victim wet and cold;
- Cover the burn with a clean cloth or cloth until an expert medical team arrives.
“Electrical shock from any power source (including lightning strikes) is very dangerous for humans and can cause death if you don’t get immediate help from medical experts because it can cause cardiac arrest,” he said.
Source: Suara.com – Informasi Berita Artikel Kesehatan Terkini by www.suara.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Suara.com – Informasi Berita Artikel Kesehatan Terkini by www.suara.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!