Tenders announced for natural gas networks in Patras, Agrinio and Pyrgos


The Public Enterprise for Gas Distribution Networks announced the tenders for the development of natural gas distribution infrastructure in Patras, Agrinio and Pyrgos. A total of 208 km of network will be built in these cities, covering the energy needs of at least 11,000 consumers of all categories (domestic, commercial, industrial) by 2025, while the goal is for construction work to begin by the end of 2021 and be completed by the end. of 2023.

In particular, after the resolution of the last pending issue concerning the inclusion of the project in the Operational Program “Western Greece 2014-2020”, DEDA proceeded to the auction of projects, announcing tenders for network construction works, supervision of works, monitoring stations and metering stations -tests.

The projects have a total budget of 41 million euros (until 2023), of which 48% comes from DEDA funds and the remaining 52% from national (Public Investment Program) and community (NSRF 2014-2020) resources.

The cities will be supplied with Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG), which will be transported by road by tanks from the large storage tanks of Revythousa. Ε. and the best international practices, minimizing the consequences both for the environment and the quality of life of the inhabitants “, DEDA emphasizes.

On the occasion of the auction of projects in Western Greece, the Minister of Environment and Energy, Costas Skrekas, said: “The auction of projects for the expansion of the gas distribution network in Western Greece, is an important step for regional development and the achievement of ambitious the country’s climate targets.

“In cooperation with the DEDA administration, we overcame significant problems to start the implementation of this emblematic investment which will provide access to natural gas by the end of 2023 thousands of consumers in the cities of Patras, Pyrgos and Agrinio.

“The development of gas infrastructure throughout the country is a key priority of our government, as it is an investment that will create new jobs and reduce energy costs for businesses and households, while reducing greenhouse gas emissions.”

For his part, the CEO of DEDA, Marios Tsakas, noted: “The arrival of natural gas in Western Greece, a vision of years, is finally becoming a reality. The project is at the starting line, bringing to the residents of Patras, Agrinio and Pyrgos cheaper and cleaner energy and contributing to local development by creating many new jobs. For me, this project was a personal bet that we won despite the difficulties we encountered due to its special features.

I would like to thank both the Minister of Environment and Energy, Costas Skrekas, and the Regional Governor, Nectarios Farmakis, for their contribution and to ask for the cooperation of all stakeholders so that Western Greece can enjoy, as soon as possible, the great benefits. that the use of natural gas offers to the citizens and professionals of the region “.


Source: Zougla.gr by www.zougla.gr.

*The article has been translated based on the content of Zougla.gr by www.zougla.gr. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!