Fuel, along with depreciation, generates one of the highest costs for the owner of a car. Therefore, a major saving can only be made by saving fuel. Here are ten bizarre secrets to help you reduce fuel costs. Many are also valid for electric cars.
Enter the PHOTO Gallery
Of course, it is in the mind of the rooster that if you want to spend as little as possible on fuel (or electricity, in the case of electric cars), the most effective method is not to consume, or to consume as little as possible. For many, not consuming at all is not an option, so our advice is to reduce consumption, but also to choose a cheaper fuel.
Not all Romanians are aware, although other countries people make extremely pragmatic calculations when calculating their budget, it is that they are more expensive gas stations and cheaper gas stations. The ones on the highways are almost always more expensive than the ones in the cities, so you can save by carefully planning the refueling points. An application to compare fuel prices will help you choose the best deals nearby, so you can save even 10 lei at a full price.
Ten bizarre secrets that help you reduce fuel costs. How you save the most
When it comes to saving fuel, most consider themselves experts, but we have seen many good drivers who fail to make a reasonable consumption from full to full. This is because, most of the time, Romanians drive aggressively, they like strong accelerations and sudden braking, without realizing how expensive this behavior is. Not only the fuel is wasted in this way, but also the money, on repairs and replacements of prematurely worn components – brakes, joints, clutch, etc.
1. Drive relaxed, without sudden bursts of control and, especially, acceleration. This is the first and most important tip, which will help you save a lot of money, even if you find it ridiculous. The more you save the car, the more fuel you will save and the lower the maintenance costs of the car.
2. Pay attention to traffic. Keep an eye on both the car in front of you and the ones in front of it. If you see that 3-4 cars are braking in front, you need to get your foot off the accelerator: it is clear that you will have to brake soon. This way you will save more than you think.
3. Do you really have to brake? If you have guessed the moment, a lift of the foot on the accelerator, possibly accompanied by a downshifting of the box will help you slow down enough not to have to brake. But it does not sacrifice security for the economy.
4. Wear shoes with thin soles. The sole is a figure of speech in the language of drivers, but here it is literary. A thin sole will help you feel better braking and accelerating and avoid excessive maneuvers.
5. Take into account the aerodynamics. If you have a box or trunk holder on your car, you will save a lot of fuel by removing them.
6. Do not make the car unnecessarily difficult. Do not fill the trunk with all kinds of unnecessary objects. If you don’t need them, leave them at home. Fuel consumption increases the weight of the car.
7. Respect speed limits. The faster you go, the more fuel you will use to overcome air friction. Think about whether the few minutes saved are worth the extra money spent on fuel.
8. Maintain the machine properly. You can make the greatest fuel savings when the car runs flawlessly. Observe the revisions and periodically check the tire pressure. They will consume the most fuel if they are not inflated properly.
9. Adjust the air conditioning correctly. Once the car has cooled down enough, you will make a substantial fuel saving if you put air into recirculation. Don’t forget to let fresh air in from time to time. In winter, park in the sun, so as not to use fuel to defrost the windows.
10. Park smart. Of course, those in big cities are happy if they have a place, they can’t afford to be capricious. But, as much as possible, park in such a way that you can leave the car without maneuvers back and forth.
Source: Promotor by www.promotor.ro.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Promotor by www.promotor.ro. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!