Synagogue in Hagen: Suspect Syrian applies for a detention test


The 16-year-old, who is said to have planned an attack on the synagogue in Hagen, has applied for a detention test. The responsible court will decide on this within two weeks, said Justice Minister Peter Biesenbach (CDU) on Tuesday. He had previously visited the State Criminal Police Office in Düsseldorf with Interior Minister Herbert Reul (CDU) and Prime Minister Armin Laschet (CDU). The politicians wanted to thank the investigators in the case.

Last week, a large number of police were deployed to guard the synagogue in Hagen. A little later, the 16-year-old Syrian was arrested and taken into custody. He is said to have contacted an IS terrorist and asked him about the construction of bombs. The youth himself had denied having planned an attack.

The defender of the young person, Ihsan Tanyolu, told the German Press Agency on Tuesday that he had applied for the detention test last week on Friday. He is also waiting for the investigators’ files to be inspected. (dpa)


Source: Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger – Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger by www.ksta.de.

*The article has been translated based on the content of Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger – Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger by www.ksta.de. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!